Final CFP Rankings for Dec 4 | Syracusefan.com

Final CFP Rankings for Dec 4

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FjKIWZvXkAEHvlh

FjJi2CNXoAAlALR
FjJkdkWXkAUJ0XL

Last edited:
I know they never played a game in the Big East but I still consider them an honorary Big East member since they accepted the invitation and were on the way before ESPN killed the conference, so let's go TCU

Last edited:
I think UGA rolls no matter who they play, but rooting for TCU.

I wish the Giants could draft Bowers this year. He’s going to wreck OSU’s pass defense.

Nick Sabin just talked about a circumstance that he did not mention last night as he made the rounds lobbying Bama's case to make the CFP. Before going into that, Sabin's record speaks for itself, and as far as I am concerned he is the best college football coach perhaps ever.

What Sabin just said this morning when asked about what he and his coaches and team could learn from this season going forward is that he and his coaches can learn to do a better job cultivating relationships with all of the players especially in the current college football landscape with all of its distractions. This reminds me of what Sabin said before the 2021 season which was the infancy of NIL. I believe he said something to the effect that NIL would change the dynamic for players and coaches and would be a challenge. And I have wondered these past two seasons, especially this season, what impact NIL has had on the Bama locker room.

Bama of course has endured many other circumstances these past two seasons, and those are what Sabin referred to last night during his sales pitch to the CFP committee, but based on what Sabin just said I think he is also saying that this Bama team (and I think possibly last season as well) has been somewhat distracted, moreso than in the past. And to my mind NIL has changed the dynamic and created distraction, and perhaps in ways that were not so obvious right away to Sabin himself even though Sabin knew two years ago that NIL would create these new challenges.

Over the years Sabin has had remarkable football talent for sure, but one coaching trait that has helped to elevate Sabin as a great coach has been his consistent ability to motivate his players to remain locked in and team-focused in a way that is beyond remarkable.

Even though Bama has made it almost look easy to go undefeated or just lose one game during the regular season, it is not easy. Now that the Bama locker room is filled really talented players who also make a lot of money, some even make national commercials, his tried-and-true and really brilliant methods to motivate his teams most likely need to be adjusted. And like everything else it starts with relationships.

And I think for Sabin that tackling this kind of challenge will motivate him, and I will definitely not bet against him.

I think the CFP committee did a great job this year especially down the stretch. College football delivered, and so did the committee in terms of doing its job.

Obviously, the initial committee ranking (week 10) having Tennessee at #1 and Clemson at #4 was off target. At that time I thought Clemson had no business in the top-4 while I thought Tennessee should be #3 behind Georgia and Ohio State. I also felt that the second committee ranking (week 11), should be: #1 Georgia; #2 Ohio State; #3 Michigan; and #4 TCU. The committee did too. And from there I felt like the committee was measured, consistent, and stuck to principles and values.

I really enjoyed watching Boo Corrigan field questions.

Nick Sabin just talked about a circumstance that he did not mention last night as he made the rounds lobbying Bama's case to make the CFP. Before going into that, Sabin's record speaks for itself, and as far as I am concerned he is the best college football coach perhaps ever.

What Sabin just said this morning when asked about what he and his coaches and team could learn from this season going forward is that he and his coaches can learn to do a better job cultivating relationships with all of the players especially in the current college football landscape with all of its distractions. This reminds me of what Sabin said before the 2021 season which was the infancy of NIL. I believe he said something to the effect that NIL would change the dynamic for players and coaches and would be a challenge. And I have wondered these past two seasons, especially this season, what impact NIL has had on the Bama locker room.

Bama of course has endured many other circumstances these past two seasons, and those are what Sabin referred to last night during his sales pitch to the CFP committee, but based on what Sabin just said I think he is also saying that this Bama team (and I think possibly last season as well) has been somewhat distracted, moreso than in the past. And to my mind NIL has changed the dynamic and created distraction, and perhaps in ways that were not so obvious right away to Sabin himself even though Sabin knew two years ago that NIL would create these new challenges.

Over the years Sabin has had remarkable football talent for sure, but one coaching trait that has helped to elevate Sabin as a great coach has been his consistent ability to motivate his players to remain locked in and team-focused in a way that is beyond remarkable.

Even though Bama has made it almost look easy to go undefeated or just lose one game during the regular season, it is not easy. Now that the Bama locker room is filled really talented players who also make a lot of money, some even make national commercials, his tried-and-true and really brilliant methods to motivate his teams most likely need to be adjusted. And like everything else it starts with relationships.

And I think for Sabin that tackling this kind of challenge will motivate him, and I will definitely not bet against him.
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban
Saban

Interesting thought. It looks like Kirby Smart & Georgia are the new Bama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom