Final Director's Cup Standings | Syracusefan.com

Final Director's Cup Standings

Syracuse’s best finish in the Director’s Cup was 51st in 1998-99.

Our previous highest point total was 343.5 in 2009-10.

8th in the ACC, if we were in there today.

Based only on a quick scan, looks like Pitt is the lowest school among the FBS-playing major conferences.

Mens Rowing finished 5th in the country this year, but mens rowing is not an NCAA sport... yet. So it does not count towards the Director's Cup.

There have been some rule changes recently to more comply with that the NCAA rules are, I would bet mens rowing will be an NCAA sport within 5-10 years. So that will help!

Mens Rowing finished 5th in the country this year, but mens rowing is not an NCAA sport... yet. So it does not count towards the Director's Cup.

There have been some rule changes recently to more comply with that the NCAA rules are, I would bet mens rowing will be an NCAA sport within 5-10 years. So that will help!

How's the future looking for the crew team? Are we trending upwards? Looks like DR has brought some good stability to the program and had some solid years and talent. Hopefully, this finish will propel us upwards towards the UW's and Cals... Is SU investing in the program?

8th in the ACC, if we were in there today.

I got us down as the #7th ranked private school... unless I missed someone... Is Baylor private?

How's the future looking for the crew team? Are we trending upwards? Looks like DR has brought some good stability to the program and had some solid years and talent. Hopefully, this finish will propel us upwards towards the UW's and Cals... Is SU investing in the program?

I don't want to thread jack too much, but yes I do think we are trending upward. This year was supposed to be a bit of a down year because we lost some really talented seniors, but ended up with our best finish in 20 years. So I think that speaks to DR's coaching abilities. Finishing 5th in the country ahead of the Princetons and Yales of the rowing world opens recruits eyes a little bit as well.

As far as investing in the program? I don't know much of the numbers, but I know there has been a big push for alumni donations to the program, if that tells you anything.

I think if/when rowing becomes an NCAA sport, there will be more financial support from the athletic department (more scholarships, boathouse updates, etc.) because we all know how much TGD loves this Director's Cup standings!

Oh, and Butgers came in at #111, behind such athletic juggernauts as Yale, Liberty and Boston University. LOL.

:rolling:

:rolling:

The funnier part of this is that some Rutgers posters are spinning this as great news because they went up from last year.

Sorry, RU, doesn't matter how you dress a pig, it's still a pig.

I got us down as the #7th ranked private school... unless I missed someone... Is Baylor private?

Yes Baylor is private. But you must have missed another because I count 8 privates in front of us making the Orange #9.

Still steady improvement for SU athletics department and to the job TGD has done.

Cheers,
Neil

Yes Baylor is private. But you must have missed another because I count 8 privates in front of us making the Orange #9.

Still steady improvement for SU athletics department and to the job TGD has done.

Cheers,
Neil

Baylor was the one I left out... Wasn't sure... Thanks

Baylor was the one I left out... Wasn't sure... Thanks

Not that it matters much, but you had SU #7 of the privates unless Baylor was private, which you weren't sure about possibly making SU the #8 private.

The Bears are indeed private, which you now know, but there is some other private you missed because SU is #9 of the privates that I can see on the list.

Stanford #1
Southern Cal #7
Duke #16
ND #17
Baylor #25
Princeton #39
BYU #43
Northwestern #44
Syracuse #50

And there might be a private that I missed as well.

It's all good though. Best showing by the Orange ever trending in the right direction if we can get our football turnaround and our women's bb into the NCAAs on a regular basis.

Cheers,
Neil

Not that it matters much, but you had SU #7 of the privates unless Baylor was private, which you weren't sure about possibly making SU the #8 private.

The Bears are indeed private, which you now know, but there is some other private you missed because SU is #9 of the privates that I can see on the list.

Missed BYU as well. Just must have glanced over that one...
Stanford #1
Southern Cal #7
Duke #16
ND #17
Baylor #25
Princeton #39
BYU #43
Northwestern #44
Syracuse #50

And there might be a private that I missed as well.

It's all good though. Best showing by the Orange ever trending in the right direction if we can get our football turnaround and our women's bb into the NCAAs on a regular basis.

Cheers,
Neil

Missed BYU as well. Just glanced over that one...

BU has Won 7 straight Commissioner's Cups as the top athletic program in America East and 40 conference championships in 14 different sports since 2005. They may be in a lousy mid-major conference but they are one of the most successful non-football schools in the country. If Rutgers had BU's overall athletic program they probably would have been an ACC target.

post: 306149, member: 468"]SU comes in at #50. Is this our highest standing? We were the fourth highest BE team if you count ND.

Oh, and Butgers came in at #111, behind such athletic juggernauts as Yale, Liberty and Boston University. LOL.[/q

Cheers,
Neil

Not to mention Men's lacrosse which was well below typical expectations this year. That's usually a slam dunk for SU in this thing.

rutgirls got points?Chris Christie knows someone
As Women's AD, you must be particularly proud of the performance of the women's teams this past year. Great job Retro. Do you think the success can be repeated in 2012-13? I see the lacrosse team winning it all.