Final Thoughts... | Syracusefan.com

Final Thoughts...

outoftownie

2nd String
Wanted to wait a couple of days (work turns it into almost a week) before posting my thoughts on last Sunday and the season. First, Sunday was a terrible game all around. You cannot pin that loss on one group, one player or one coach. That loss was a true team effort. From the start the passes were shaky and faceoffs were worse. SU got poor goaltending, lazy defense and uninspired coaching. On offense, I am not sure how they could be so lost versus that zone defense and the man up was even worse. <Sidenote, it is interesting to watch old games on twsc this season and watch how much different the man up plays were back in late 90s Maybe it was the talent, but those teams seemed to run multiple set like 1-3-2 and 1-4-1.> On defense, there was poor communication, continually slide too early and with the wrong defender. I also hate the fact that SU has to play on Sunday at 730. It is the worst time they could play, waiting around your apartment all day to play sucks. It primes SU to come out flat and allow a lesser team to stick around to long.

Overall, a disappointing season. Started slow, a midseason recovery and then an awful finish. My positives on the season include a great (and returning) attack unit, impressive comebacks by mullin and Galasso and nice play by some youngsters including firman and Weston. My negative on the season included a defense that never seemed to gel, ineffectiveness by the first midfield and the dumb goalie rotation. I don't know if Hill will make it to the hill or if Ferrigan is the goalie of the future, I just hope one of them wins the job and the coaches stay with their choice for the long term health of the defense.

Wanted to wait a couple of days (work turns it into almost a week) before posting my thoughts on last Sunday and the season. First, Sunday was a terrible game all around. You cannot pin that loss on one group, one player or one coach. That loss was a true team effort. From the start the passes were shaky and faceoffs were worse. SU got poor goaltending, lazy defense and uninspired coaching. On offense, I am not sure how they could be so lost versus that zone defense and the man up was even worse. <Sidenote, it is interesting to watch old games on twsc this season and watch how much different the man up plays were back in late 90s Maybe it was the talent, but those teams seemed to run multiple set like 1-3-2 and 1-4-1.> On defense, there was poor communication, continually slide too early and with the wrong defender. I also hate the fact that SU has to play on Sunday at 730. It is the worst time they could play, waiting around your apartment all day to play sucks. It primes SU to come out flat and allow a lesser team to stick around to long.

Overall, a disappointing season. Started slow, a midseason recovery and then an awful finish. My positives on the season include a great (and returning) attack unit, impressive comebacks by mullin and Galasso and nice play by some youngsters including firman and Weston. My negative on the season included a defense that never seemed to gel, ineffectiveness by the first midfield and the dumb goalie rotation. I don't know if Hill will make it to the hill or if Ferrigan is the goalie of the future, I just hope one of them wins the job and the coaches stay with their choice for the long term health of the defense.

I expect a much better D next year, we basically return everyone but Harris and Jenkins and theres a couple new long poles we have either redshirted or coming in as true frosh who could make a difference. I also expect Firman and Staats to have absolutely monster years.

IMO as Long as SU plays on Graduation Day you will see this type of Game. This Might be a lame excuse but ask yourself this ?. What did you do on Graduation Day?

IMO as Long as SU plays on Graduation Day you will see this type of Game. This Might be a lame excuse but ask yourself this ?. What did you do on Graduation Day?
graduated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom