Finally some good news | Syracusefan.com

Finally some good news

cuseinseattle

All American
I went to the mailbox today and what do I find. I can be included in a class action lawsuit regarding concussions against the NCAA. Finally my day has come. Apparently all you had to do is play an NCAA sport between 1998 and 2006. I'm not really sure how one gets a concussion playing division 3 men's tennis. It makes no sense which makes it all the more ironic. Fighting those worthless bastards in a complete assinine way that is devoid of common sense. Or as I told a friend I'm going to NCAA the NCAA!

I went to the mailbox today and what do I find. I can be included in a class action lawsuit regarding concussions against the NCAA. Finally my day has come. Apparently all you had to do is play an NCAA sport between 1998 and 2006. I'm not really sure how one gets a concussion playing division 3 men's tennis. It makes no sense which makes it all the more ironic. Fighting those worthless bastards in a complete assinine way that is devoid of common sense. Or as I told a friend I'm going to NCAA the NCAA!
I was hoping it was going to be that the #1 pg just flipped to us. And ayala committed and the ncaa lifted the sanctions. But I'm glad you'll finally get your day in court. At least maybe you'll get some compensation for that tennis elbow.

th

You laugh, but one of my girls playing Washington State last week
Hit herself on the head during her follow through. Woke up the next day with major headaches...you guessed it... concussion

I'm not litigious, but that is pretty cool. F em.

My son, who swam D III, got one as well

As another former D3 tennis player, I want in. Is there a link to join the suit?

I got one too. D2 lacrosse

Hate these lawsuits. You will get < $100. Lawyers will get 1/3 of the total settlement for all parties.

Guess my concussions from 1992-1996 don't count.

Am I eligible ? I did frosh tennis in '67.

Of course, I wasn't good enough to play in an actual match, but there must have been at least one occasion when a ball bounced off of my delicate noggin.

More likely, I must have sustained an elbow to the head at some point playing in intramural hoops.

Hate these lawsuits. You will get < $100. Lawyers will get 1/3 of the total settlement for all parties.

Settlement will almost certainly include a couple of coupons for merchandise at the NCAA store. I guess I wouldn't be entirely against football players participating in some type of suit, as it seems unreasonably dangerous to me and the incidence of long term physical breakdown associated with playing football seems reasonable to me. And the NCAA is making boatloads of money on the backs of those kids.

For all other sports it seems like a crock of shi1 to me. Not that others don't get concussions, but they also break bones, get tendinitis, pull muscles etc., etc., Anyone participating in a nominally physical activity is subject to injury. The only protection from it is to live in a bubble and not participate and even then there are no guarantees.

You laugh, but one of my girls playing Washington State last week
Hit herself on the head during her follow through. Woke up the next day with major headaches...you guessed it... concussion
I did this last summer. That damned "Nadal Whip" thing is dannnnngerous.

I hope you get a big, fat check. Anything to bankrupt the bastards at the NCAA.

I also played d3 tennis during those years. I don't recall being injured, but I did crush a serve into the back of my doubles partner's head. That's one way to get a concussion. Needless to say, I don't think we won too many matches that year. Best of luck to you with the lawsuit though.

My youngest son had 2 back surgeries from playing baseball in college, missing a semester. Hope he got a lawsuit notification. Another son wrestled in college, the oldest played college tennis. Hope they are all rich now.

Reactions: cto
I'm not really sure how one gets a concussion playing division 3 men's tennis.
Clearly, you've never played tennis with me on your doubles team. And you've never been out on the links with CurtB. 'Cause you alive.

Clearly, you've never played tennis with me on your doubles team. And you've never been out on the links with CurtB. 'Cause you alive.

I remember CurtB got mad at OrangeRob(does he still post?) and challenged Rob to come play some tackle football with him. LOL. It was great.

Didn't get one. Guess D-1 intramural stars aren't included.

I remember CurtB got mad at OrangeRob(does he still post?) and challenged Rob to come play some tackle football with him. LOL. It was great.
CurtB threatened to smash many of us in the face.

I wish we could compile an all-time cast of characters and outrageous threads from the long and vibrant history of this cracked little community. Someday, I'm going to get all the mods drunk and get them to spill on Tristy's multiple personalities and true identity. We need to have a board Truth & Reconciliation Commission. Or at least a Festivus Airing of Grievances.