Fine Mess Away Games Tailgates and Ticket Buy | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Away Games Tailgates and Ticket Buy

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Okay I'll throw this out here. I plan to support several tailgates this year. The huge caveat is digital ticketing which might curtail this severely.

@ BC Friday, September 4th

I'm going to do a ticket buy of no more than 50. It might be even less. If it goes Digital I might only do 15-20. Regardless we will find us a restaurant/tavern to pregame at. Tailgating is non-existent for visiting fans.

@ Rutgers Saturday, Sept 12th

I don't want to overpromise and underdeliver. This one will need to be worked. I literally could sell 300 tickets. Before I commit I'll need to get some volunteers to take on some of this. TBD

@ WMU Saturday, Sept 26th

Very underrated trip. I plan to ticket buy up to 75 or so. Tailgate should be great. We plan to work with some WMU fans we know to do up a nice tailgate.

@ Clemson Saturday, Oct 24th

I'm not working this. If someone wants to take it on I will help you with my lessons learned. You are best to just buy tickets through SU. I have a lead on parking but someone needs to step up and work the tailgate and parking.

@ Wake Forest Saturday, November 7th

One of my more favorite away games. I plan to host about 100-125 Cuse fans. Expect craft beer and easy tailgating.

Last edited:
If you need help with Rutgers the PACuse crew will be bringing a bunch of people again, let us know.

I’m in for Rutgers. subarney and cuseguy ?

JSOrange97 can you do some research on parking? A lot has changed since the days of driving up to Johnson Park. I wonder if we just look at the RAC or the medical area? Hopefully you find something better. A possibility we can all go and prepay for a pass in a lot closer to the stadium. It sucks that Shady is back because I expect we will see at least 40K in there for our game.

JSOrange97 can you do some research on parking? A lot has changed since the days of driving up to Johnson Park. I wonder if we just look at the RAC or the medical area? Hopefully you find something better. A possibility we can all go and prepay for a pass in a lot closer to the stadium. It sucks that Shady is back because I expect we will see at least 40K in there for our game.

I’ll look into it. Johnson Park was the good ole days... Rutgers is my usual example of how good we’ve had it with regards to parking at the Dome. Rutgers fans pay through the nose in donations to get access to decent parking.

Okay I'll throw this out here. I plan to support several tailgates this year. The huge caveat is digital ticketing which might curtail this severely.

I'm going to do a ticket buy of no more than 50. It might be even less. If it goes Digital I might only do 15-20. Regardless we will find us a restaurant/tavern to pregame at. Tailgating is non-existent for visiting fans.

I don't want to overpromise and underdeliver. This one will need to be worked. I literally could sell 300 tickets. Before I commit I'll need to get some volunteers to take on some of this. TBD

Very underrated trip. I plan to ticket buy up to 75 or so. Tailgate should be great. We plan to work with some WMU fans we know to do up a nice tailgate.

I'm not working this. If someone wants to take it on I will help you with my lessons learned. You are best to just buy tickets through SU. I have a lead on parking but someone needs to step up and work the tailgate and parking.

One of my more favorite away games. I plan to host about 100-125 Cuse fans. Expect craft beer and easy tailgating.

At Pitt?

Rutgers and Wake and maybe Western Michigan. I can help for Rutgers and Wake and maybe WMU. Can you bring hot dog rolls over the Canadian border?

Last edited:
In for BC and Rutgers. Probably Clemson too.

Thanks for doing this Mark. You are a great guy and resource for our fan base.

I am tentatively planning on going to the BC, Rutgers and Wake games.

If I can help you with any of these games, please let me know. Flying in for Wake so my ability to help is limited.

Mark,

Parking has changed over the years at Rutgers. The RAC might be the best option, then bus over. But we’ll need to look into that.

Mark,

Parking has changed over the years at Rutgers. The RAC might be the best option, then bus over. But we’ll need to look into that.
Yes, even the Greek Church is getting expensive. The buses aren’t the most fun but might be most economical, especially if we end up with a decent size group. It just means we have to break down earlier than we would at home games.

Yes, even the Greek Church is getting expensive. The buses aren’t the most fun but might be most economical, especially if we end up with a decent size group. It just means we have to break down earlier than we would at home games.

They’re very strict with tailgating, much like MetLife. No tarps, canopies. In other words, limited fun. They restrict your tailgate to immediate space near the vehicle, so we’ll need to keep that in mind with grills, etc.

Yeah I saw they want something like $50-60 to park. They will do a prepay thing but I expect they will be under pressure to support the Red Cretins.

As what cuseguy said, the Church is not a player anymore for us.

Greek Church was $35 last time I was there a few years ago. A worker told me the Priest wanted his cut.

Last edited:
Beer with me for a moment. I think I know why you want to head over to WMU.

LOL I’ve been looking forward to that game since it was announced!

I heard there’s only like 1 good place to drink out there. Guess I’ll have to discover others LOL

Greek Church was $35 last time I was there a few years ago. A worker told me the Priest wanted his cut.

I read that’s it’s $60 or $65 now. The priest needs money.

Looking at BC & Pitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom