Finebaum on 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Finebaum on 2019

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
“The problem’s not Clemson, its getting out of the SEC...”

“...Clemson will be there next year because no one in the ACC can stop them”

If we don’t beat Clemson next year, I hope we See Auburn/LSU/Georgia in the post season and kick them in a ditch

If we don’t beat Clemson next year, I hope we See Auburn/LSU/Georgia in the post season and kick them in a ditch
He is the ultimate SEC bootlicker. No one should pay any attention to what he says.

He should watch the last 2 Syracuse-Clemson games. Might learn something about how to stay within 20 points of a great team.

I agree with him that it is far from a given that Alabama is going to make the playoff. Their crude offense is behind the times. They need to make major changes in this new era of college football, or they can join Ohio State and Michigan, watching the college football playoffs from their living rooms in future years.

What a douche. The problem is not getting out of the SEC. Alabama did that just fine with historic dominance within the conference. They should have been the more rested team given that the starters didn't play a fourth quarter until the SEC title game.

I get what he's saying, but how is "the problem's not Clemson"... um, I'd say the team that's won 2 out of the last 4 National Championships and just disemboweled Saban last night is most certainly a problem.

He should watch the last 2 Syracuse-Clemson games. Might learn something about how to stay within 20 points of a great team.

I agree with him that it is far from a given that Alabama is going to make the playoff. Their crude offense is behind the times. They need to make major changes in this new era of college football, or they can join Ohio State and Michigan, watching the college football playoffs from their living rooms in future years.

In reality, Clemson had it easy in the ACC except for one game. Us.

The ACC is not the SEC.

The ACC is not the SEC.

Exactly. It's like us getting 8-9 teams in the Dance, then chit the bed in the tourney sans Duke/UNC and imply that the conference sucks or was way overrated. The tough regular season games night in and night out, just as week in and week out in the SEC for football, is grueling.

He is the ultimate SEC bootlicker. No one should pay any attention to what he says.

I still recorded his show today to listen to the whining and excuses.

he also said in a podcast a couple of months ago that Dino wasn't going to stay at SU. let him keep making predictions against us, he is the bizarro world version of Nostradamus

Lol wow. Seems like a scorching take for an offense that was dominant most of the year and had more total yards of offense than Clemson before Clemson's final drive. Last night they moved the ball pretty well on Clemson and ran the ball rather easily. Problem was 3-4 empty red zone possessions and 2 turnovers, of course along with playing from behind that puts you in rather predictable play calls late.

Bama's offense wasn't the biggest problem last night. They got smoked because of defensive breakdown after defesive breakdown in their secondary which plagued them all season long. And Clemson being the great team they are made them pay every single time for huge plays.

Last edited:
Lol this is a joke.
Pure propaganda.
Since 2009 it’s been Alabama above the rest of the SEC.
Auburn has beaten Alabama three times since 2009. They are up and down.
LSU has beaten Alabama one time. They are good but they aren’t a 1000 lb beast.
Florida has been medicore since Tebow.
Texas A&M appears headed on the right road but they aren’t there.
Georgia since they hired Smart has become a beast but the rest of the conference is just media hype.

Finebaum is such huckster with this crap.
The rep of Alabama doesn’t trickle to the whole conference.

Lol wow. Seems like a scorching take for an offense that was dominant most of the year and had more total yards of offense than Clemson before Clemson's final drive. Last night they moved the ball pretty well on Clemson and ran the ball rather easily. Problem was 3-4 empty red zone possessions and 2 turnovers, of course along with playing from behind that puts you in rather predictable play calls late.

Bama's offense wasn't the biggest problem last night. They got smoked because of defensive breakdown after defesive breakdown in their secondary which plagued them all season long. And Clemson being the great team they are made them pay every single time for huge plays.
They scored 3 points after the first period. I would say offense was a problem for them.

Clemson played a bend but don't break defense. When Bama needed to move the ball, they couldn't do it.

No question their poor defense added fuel to the fire...

They scored 3 points after the first period. I would say offense was a problem for them.

Clemson played a bend but don't break defense. When Bama needed to move the ball, they couldn't do it.

No question their poor defense added fuel to the fire...

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that an offense that racked up 443 yards and was one of the most prolific in recent history in the sport is a "crude offense behind the times" and "needs major changes" or else they'll be watching the playoff from their couch after making the last 5 and winning 2 of the last 4 national championships.

The ACC is not the SEC.

While I agree, the SEC is better, it is NOT at the gap that the national media makes it out to be. SEC has a stronger second team in UGA, but after that the rest of the SEC is very similar to the ACC. I couldn't say for sure that Florida would have ran Syracuse out of the gym. There is a TON of garbage offenses in the SEC that allow people with spread offenses in the game for the most part. Texas AM will move up to the next level IMO because Jimbo is a championship type coach that can recruit. Florida maybe, I think that Mullen is a great offensive mind, but I am not sure he can recruit to a level that makes them elite. The SEC west is the best division in football, but the ACC Atlantic is not very far behind IMO.

Alabama’s offense works just fine if the SEC’s all they have to worry about ;)

I don’t know why people get upset when Paul Finebaum carries water for the SEC. it’s like getting mad because you found out that the Sun will rise tomorrow morning.
He can carry the water but the problem is the perception becomes reality.
The SEC is the best conference in college football but the non-Alabama SEC teams give off the perception it’s miles better then everyone else and it would be like Buffalo/NY Jets/Miami NFL fans talking up how tough the AFC East is because it’s has the most SBs the last 20 years and SB appearances when it’s all one team.

I don’t know why people get upset when Paul Finebaum carries water for the SEC. it’s like getting mad because you found out that the Sun will rise tomorrow morning.
I get mad that he has a national stage when he is nothing more than a regional talent.