First Time Poster | Syracusefan.com

First Time Poster

Doc5120

Starter
I was directed to this amazing site a couple of years ago by my good buddy, EAO. I've been lurking on the football and hoops boards ever since. When he'd ask me why I never post, my response was always "If I start posting, I'm going to get even less done at work." Then I came to realization that I'm on here half a dozen times everyday anyway, so why not join in the fun?!

Before coming on here, I thought I had a problem with my obsessive fandom. Thank you all for making me realize there are plenty more people out there just as crazy about SU sports as I!

A couple of quick items:

1) I love Shafer. His intensity & enthusiasm are perfect for the college game.
2) Hunt or Allen - I say play the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

And finally...

Looking forward to joining many of you at Metlife for the PSU game. I'll be in attendance screaming my face off for our boys. Hopefully I won't break my SU hat ala the Minnesota game in 2009. Let's just say my hat had a run in (or 20) with the Dome wall.

I was directed to this amazing site a couple of years ago by my good buddy, EAO. I've been lurking on the football and hoops boards ever since. When he'd ask me why I never post, my response was always "If I start posting, I'm going to get even less done at work." Then I came to realization that I'm on here half a dozen times everyday anyway, so why not join in the fun?!

Before coming on here, I thought I had a problem with my obsessive fandom. Thank you all for making me realize there are plenty more people out there just as crazy about SU sports as I!

A couple of quick items:

1) I love Shafer. His intensity & enthusiasm are perfect for the college game.
2) Hunt or Allen - I say play the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

And finally...

Looking forward to joining many of you at Metlife for the PSU game. I'll be in attendance screaming my face off for our boys. Hopefully I won't break my SU hat ala the Minnesota game in 2009. Let's just say my hat had a run in (or 20) with the Dome wall.

Doc was Best Man at my wedding (I think he was sober for at least 10% of it), and I am extremely confident that he will quickly become a board legend of the Marsh or Tee variety.

Welcome. It's nice to have intelligent discussion and this board provides an outlet for me. On weekends (and sometimes at work), I can't stop myself constantly checking for new information.

Was your head still in it?

Welcome to the dark side.

LoL, fortunately no my head was not still in it. I guess I'm not quite as Hardnosed as I need to be. Taking my hat off BEFORE slamming it into the wall is one of the few things I remember about that day. I may or may not have been slightly over served at our tailgate.

LoL, fortunately no my head was not still in it. I guess I'm not quite as Hardnosed as I need to be. Taking my hat off BEFORE slamming it into the wall is one of the few things I remember about that day. I may or may not have been slightly over served at our tailgate.
how does one break a hat though?? was it was one of those plastic batting helmet ones?? are you john olerud?? does ricky henderson know you post here?

how does one break a hat though?? was it was one of those plastic batting helmet ones?? are you john olerud?? does ricky henderson know you post here?

Haha, I am not Olerud. But I would guess Rickey Henderson knows I post here, seeing as how he is "The Greatest," or so he claims.

As for my hat - it was about 7-8 yrs old at the time it finally broke. I loved that thing and wore it all the time. It suffered many beatings, thanks to the GRob error. It was busting at the seams come the Minnesota game, and apparently a portion of it was just flapping in the wind by the end of the 1st qtr after a harsh smack against the Dome wall. Thanks to my friends for not telling me this until the end of the game as I sat there looking like even more of an idiot for qtrs. 2-4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom