Fish and Loaves 2024 - Current State | Syracusefan.com

Fish and Loaves 2024 - Current State

GoSU96

Living Legend
I’m probably off a couple of guys but here is how I see scholarships right now. Right now I have 85 claimed.

DL - 15. This could very, I didn’t add LB’s to this group.

1703705172275.png

Still no traditional NT beyond Ingraham, and that’s no slight to Darton.

LB - 11. With 2 LB’s in the base defense this position is the deepest on the team. As a group they have over performed their recruiting rankings.

1703705503835.png

Db -12, as deep as the LB unit is , with a 4-2-5, this group needs to add corners.
1703705725077.png

OL - 16 Good number of upperclassmen , talent/health is questionable

1703705836680.png

TE - 6, WR - 12. I’m not going to get into is OG a TE or Wr. No need to add here. Could be a position group to find find more scholies.

1703706093085.png

Qb - 4, RBI’s- 6. Included 3 kickers for completeness

1703706183871.png

The only differences between yours and OX's tacked post are:

1. He has Heard as LB, not DE.
2. He has John Branham Jr. as a scholarship RB (I have no idea who this is).
3. He has Big Tom Callahan as a scholarship long snapper.

Great stuff.

Hard to see much more attrition from the D side.

Can see a few from the O side moving on.

All a presumption on my behalf, but I can see the staff looking to free up 6-8 more spots.

If that’s the case need to find 2 to get to 85, plus another 6 to 9 to get known offers in.

Candidates, the last two in your list, Hawkins, Von Marburg, Long, Mang, Kauhi, Gilmore, Bassette

Branham was a JUCO RB originally from Ohio, who garnered a lot of interest in HS, but was borderline academically, ended up at Eastern Michigan, and then quit the team after 1 semester.

Was out of football for a few seasons, scraping by in a dead end job, then decided to give it a go as an older student at the JUCO level.

If that’s the case need to find 2 to get to 85, plus another 6 to 9 to get known offers in.

Candidates, the last two in your list, Hawkins, Von Marburg, Long, Mang, Kauhi, Gilmore, Bassette
I can see moving on, still:
1 DL
2 DB
3 OL
1 TE
1 WR
2 RB
1 P

That's 11 bodies

That frees up, in theory availability for 9-11 more adds this cycle.

I can see Fran looking to add 3-4 more High School kids and the rest filled out by transfers.

Great stuff.

Hard to see much more attrition from the D side.

Can see a few from the O side moving on.

All a presumption on my behalf, but I can see the staff looking to free up 6-8 more spots.

I could see us easily freeing up a couple LB and DB spots among the junior class to make room for upgrades.

Based on the current roster this is my guess at pre-spring DC. I get some guys will leave and some will add. Assumes health wouldn’t be an issue. Some these guys won’t be available to practice.

OL
1 - Reed, More, Cruz Jr., Wohlabaugh, Miller
2 - Ilaoa, Bradford, Ellis, Cruz, Petry
3 - Moeolo, Mack, Bass, Goodacre, Rosahac
4 - Kauhi

TE
1 - Gadsden, Villari. I think there will be packages where both will be on the field together and both will be featured weapons
2- Clement -traditional inline TE
3 - Mang
4 - Tremble, Washington

Wr -going with three wide break out
1 - Alford, Meeks, Harris
2 - Ross, Hatcher, Brown
3 - Gill, Hornsby, Thomas
4 - Pena, Long, Cohoon

Qb
McCord
Williams, CDRW, Davis (Camp battle)

Rb - who needs 6 scholarship RBs?
Descending Order
Allen, Willis, Parkman, Price, Hart, Branham

DL
1-Diggs, Jaquez, Jobity, Ingraham
2 - Heard, Edwards, EFC, Darton
3- Simmons, Brown, Perry, Watson
4 - Lesaine, Bassette, Gordon

LB
1 - Wax, McDonald
2 - Sparrow, Bailey
3 - Roon, ZMG
4 - Omopariola, JBrown
5 - Gilmore, Diggs

DB
1 - Clark, Barron, Gould, Bellamy, Grant
2 - Farmer, Haile, Martin, Delaine, Perry
3 - Long, Bruxton

Last edited:
When do we / everybody else need to be in compliance with the 85 players on scholarship?

When do we / everybody else need to be in compliance with the 85 players on scholarship?
Fairly certain it’s attendees (enrolled) in school at any given time. So basically not until practice starts in August. We won’t have 85 for the spring.

Fairly certain it’s attendees (enrolled) in school at any given time. So basically not until practice starts in August. We won’t have 85 for the spring.
Good to know. I just didn’t want a transfer signing paperwork to attend for the spring semester to not be allowed until guys have officially filed paperwork to transfer out. That official start date for camp in August makes sense.

If nothing changed SU would have 85 guys on 8/1.

I read that 11 of 18 freshmen are coming in Jan. I’m assuming the 7 transfers will be here as well. That means there is room for up to 7 late decision transfers or even freshman to join the program before spring ball. Also means there will be 78 players for spring. Some are out due to injuries but will be able to observe and get mental reps. I don’t know if they have ever had that number of scholarship players in the spring.

Either way based on the amount offers still out there, there will be more current guys leaving the program.

Based on the current roster this is my guess at pre-spring DC. I get some guys will leave and some will add. Assumes health wouldn’t be an issue. Some these guys won’t be available to practice.

OL
1 - Reed, More, Cruz Jr., Wohlabaugh, Miller
2 - Ilaoa, Bradford, Ellis, Cruz, Petry
3 - Moeolo, Mack, Bass, Goodacre, Rosahac
4 - Kauhi

TE
1 - Gadsden, Villari. I think there will be packages where both will be on the field together and both will be featured weapons
2- Clement -traditional inline TE
3 - Mang
4 - Tremble, Washington

Wr -going with three wide break out
1 - Alford, Meeks, Harris
2 - Ross, Hatcher, Brown
3 - Gill, Hornsby, Thomas
4 - Pena, Long, Cohoon

Qb
McCord
Williams, CDRW, Davis (Camp battle)

Rb - who needs 6 scholarship RBs?
Descending Order
Allen, Willis, Parkman, Price, Hart, Branham

DL
1-Diggs, Jaquez, Jobity, Wilson
2 - Heard, Edwards, Ingraham, EFC,
3- Simmons, Brown, Perry, Watson
4 - Lesaine, Bassette, Gordon
(Darton?)

LB
1 - Wax, McDonald
2 - Sparrow, Bailey
3 - Roon, ZMG
4 - Omopariola, JBrown
5 - Gilmore, Diggs

DB
1 - Clark, Barron, Gould, Chestnut, Grant
2 - Farmer, Haile, Martin, Bellamy, Perry
3 - Long, Bruxton, Delaine
Update to add Chestnut and Wilson

Last edited:
I'm guessing some players might be graduating and not coming back that we have not heard from yet. Maybe Darton. He is getting married in November. Probably coach knows some of these that we don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom