Fishes and Loaves | Syracusefan.com

Fishes and Loaves

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Somebody made the comment a week or two ago that this recruiting class will be smaller after Clark, Funderburk, Raymon, and Walls transferred in. Well- now that the team has lost Boatman, Barrett, Curtis, and Mungwa we've only got 80 scholarship players now.

So that's one extra spot for the 2013 recruiting class than was initially expected.

7 RS Seniors (Big Lou, Cutler, Goggins, Nassib, Sales, Stevens, Vaughn)
5 Seniors (Chibane, Diet Tab, Lemon, Sharpe, Thomas)
1 Player with 2 years of eligibility left (There's no way Lichtenstein is going to stay)
5 unused schollies

Somebody made the comment a week or two ago that this recruiting class will be smaller after Clark, Funderburk, Raymon, and Walls transferred in. Well- now that the team has lost Boatman, Barrett, Curtis, and Mungwa we've only got 80 scholarship players now.

So that's one extra spot for the 2013 recruiting class than was initially expected.

7 RS Seniors (Big Lou, Cutler, Goggins, Nassib, Sales, Stevens, Vaughn)
5 Seniors (Chibane, Diet Tab, Lemon, Sharpe, Thomas)
1 Player with 2 years of eligibility left (There's no way Lichtenstein is going to stay)
5 unused schollies

And there's bound to be more attrition after the season.

And there's bound to be more attrition after the season.

Yeah. I didn't add Pugh because that's not a sure thing until he says so. It's way too early to speculate otherwise. So 18 open spots for now.

I assume Curtis will be off the books and that opens another scholarship. I know there is a provision that the school can give him a scholarship still and offer another one in its' place due to the medical situation. Sorry to see the kid go...he sounded like he could've been a 3 year starter.

As in, no way his scholarship gets renewed? Or as in, no way in hell he wants to come back?

As in, no way his scholarship gets renewed? Or as in, no way in hell he wants to come back?

He's the #3 kicker (or #4) who is academically a senior. I don't think he'll be staying a 5th year.

If Curtis chooses to stay at Syracuse he would be on scholarship but not count against the 85.

My guess would be he'll look for another place to play and/or move closer to home.

Yeah. I didn't add Pugh because that's not a sure thing until he says so. It's way too early to speculate otherwise. So 18 open spots for now.
Is Pugh really considered a first three round talent this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom