Flag Football | Syracusefan.com

Flag Football

SWC75

Bored Historian
Football will be in the Olympics this year. Unfortunately, it will be flag football, not the real thing. On Brian Higgins' show they were discussing what current and former SU players would be good at FF. They decided it would have to be a small, quick player who could elude 'tacklers' and also get the b all to teammates if he was in trouble.

I came up with a blast from past: Doug Womack. (Now you can explain to your kids who he was.)

Football will be in the Olympics this year. Unfortunately, it will be flag football, not the real thing. On Brian Higgins' show they were discussing what current and former SU players would be good at FF. They decided it would have to be a small, quick player who could elude 'tacklers' and also get the b all to teammates if he was in trouble.

I came up with a blast from past: Doug Womack. (Now you can explain to your kids who he was.)
Nice! Loved that guy, did wildcat stuff before there was such a thing. Good stuff thank you!

Quinton Spotwood. very elusive runner. and the McIntosh bros. could play either side of the ball. the one dude you do not want is Donovan Darius. not sure he'd get the "flag" concept. brother rather knock you out .

I'd take Qadry Ismail. Fast with some moves. McNabb had a lot of shake and bake that he developed from playing basketball. Maurice Jackson would fit the small guy with speed mold.

Outside of the the SU family the best flag football player ever would've been Barry Sanders, right? Would anyone ever grab a flag from him?

Flag football and regular football are so different

Helped out with the UE girls team in the inaugural year.

Such an awesome fun game

My starting five without thinking at all on this or knowing what it takes to win in big-time flag football:

Maurice Jackson
Diamond Ferri
Kevin Johnson
Shy Cullen
JR Johnson

Not this year. 2028 in Los Angeles.
Along with lacrosse, baseball/softball and cricket.

For the past 20 years
Qb would be devito
RB lequint
Center Mackey
For the 4 wideouts would be-
Lemon, erv, Etta tawo, salt badger

I've heard Tommy Devito is lights out in 7 on 7.
He's now on an active roster in the NFL. We had him and could not protect properly, the same problem we have now. He was hindered here but it is an indictment against our Oline as much as it was against him. He was successful at Illinois with short dropbacks and quick short passes.

Just recent players I would think

Devito (was great at 7 v 7s
Sean Tucker
Moe Neal
Brisly Estime
Sean Riley
Erv Phillips
OG
Ishmael for possession and 50/50 balls

He's now on an active roster in the NFL. We had him and could not protect properly, the same problem we have now. He was hindered here but it is an indictment against our Oline as much as it was against him. He was successful at Illinois with short dropbacks and quick short passes.
Wrong thread. This is about flag football.