Flash forward 3 years.. | Syracusefan.com

Flash forward 3 years..

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Marrone fired as Bills HC. SU coming off 5-7 season in 3rd season in ACC after going 7-5, 6-6 in 2013 and 2014. Would you want him back?

Marrone fired as Bills HC. SU coming off 5-7 season in 3rd season in ACC after going 7-5, 6-6 in 2013 and 2014. Would you want him back?

No, that ship has sailed now.

nope

find a coach with a syracuse personality -ala jimmy b

a guy who will pick his nose while telling you to go f yourself-

i never got any honesty vibes from marone- or for that matter 99% of college football coach's

I don't even want him visiting campus. And in hope he's boo'd if he ever returns :)

You mean we will still have facilities to host a FB program? Yay!

That's the funny part in all of this. Pasqualoni had plenty of detractors but won enough games to stick around 14 years. I suspect Marrone would've at least matched that. NFL head coach money may be much more but if he does not impress within a few years at Buffalo, he will be fired. What will be his next move? Will he be back to an NFL coordinator or perhaps back in the college head coaching ranks? He may wish at some point down the road he stuck with his dream job. I have a feeling that the upgrades he was pining for will eventually get done. I would assume that all at the university knew that the ante was raised once they accepted invitation to the ACC. Coaches, facilities, etc... were all going to cost more.

That's the funny part in all of this. Pasqualoni had plenty of detractors but won enough games to stick around 14 years. I suspect Marrone would've at least matched that. NFL head coach money may be much more but if he does not impress within a few years at Buffalo, he will be fired. What will be his next move? Will he be back to an NFL coordinator or perhaps back in the college head coaching ranks?

OL coach at a prep school in Tennessee.

I'm sure UConn will be looking for a new coach in 3 years...

OL coach at a prep school in Tennessee.
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I found this whole thing eerily close to what has transpired. Especially Marrone coaching o line somewhere.

Cripes! These thread feels like the friggin' Twilight Zone!

image.jpeg

Can we just have parts of him back? Like his game prep and in game management? I don't want his recruiting or relationship with admin.

Some of you romanticize the maronne era. Sheesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom