Florida 40 South Carolina 33 (at the Half) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Florida 40 South Carolina 33 (at the Half)

I'm glad Verne got to broadcast this game. He's fantastic.

Congrats to Frank Martin and USC, what a trek. They didn't sneak in, they beat legit teams.

Yeah, especially with a tad over 8 minutes left in the game and he uttered, "the winner of this game meets Georgetown in the Final Four." He corrected himself and then said Gonzaga. He stated that he saw the 'G' (and of course the dog mascot) was his reasoning. Um, hello, even that being the case, Georgetown hasn't been relevant in the dance for years now. Weird. My goodness, it's time to retire.

Forgive the cliche, but wasn't this game like an old Big East game? A battle under the basket on every possession! Very exciting! At first I thought wow they're letting a lot go and with about 6 minutes left I had a weird feeling that the refs would suddenly tighten up and start calling every little thing. But to my delight, they were pretty consistent letting guys battle and play physical. They weren't perfect but I think we can at least agree that the refs didn't decide the game

I'm happy for Frank Martin. He's so passionate. When he coached at K State, his halftime and postgame interviews with K State announcer Stan Weber were must see tv.

"When you starting center has more turnovers than your team has points at the 12-minute mark, it's a problem."

"How about playing a little defense. You ever heard of that one, Stan." LOL.

This guy is a hockey coach masquerading as a b-ball coach. If Don Cherry coached college basketball, he would be Frank Martin.

I'm cheering for SC. One of my best friends from college is a huge Gator fan and I hear enough of his crap during football season.

MSG is more alive than I expected it to be with two non-local teams that aren't really considered basketball schools.

I know a couple Florida grads, and they are both completely insane in their tunnel vision for all things Gators. Not in some admirable "support the team" way either. Incredibly arrogant, annoying, very unknowledgeable, delusional, and unrealistic fans. Frankly, I dislike both of them and root against Florida because of them.

I know a couple Florida grads, and they are both completely insane in their tunnel vision for all things Gators. Not in some admirable "support the team" way either. Incredibly arrogant, annoying, very unknowledgeable, delusional, and unrealistic fans. Frankly, I dislike both of them and root against Florida because of them.

No one is more insufferable than Gator fans (The 1991 Cuse beatdown of Florida in the Dome was great on so many levels). They really don't deserve their success in basketball. If you want to get to them, just remind them that Urban Meyer considered the Florida position a steppingstone to a better job in college football. They can't handle being anyone's steppingstone and they have never really forgiven Meyer. It really gets under the skin.

Last edited:
No one is more insufferable than Gator fans (The 1991 Cuse beatdown of Florida in the Dome was great on so many levels). They really don't deserve their success in basketball. If you want to get to them, just remind them that Urban Meyer considered the Florida position a steppingstone to a better job in college football. They can't handle being anyone's steppingstone and they have never really forgiven Meyer. It really gets under the skin.

To be fair it was for Ohio st, one of the best jobs you can get, and he was from Ohio. Florida is still a good job.

To be fair it was for Ohio st, one of the best jobs you can get, and he was from Ohio. Florida is still a good job.

Oh, I agree. You have to see it from their perspective though. They hate the idea that the UF athletic program is second fiddle to anyone, i.e the arrogance. I just use it to needle Florida fans.

Kentucky basketball fans.

One of them used to talk about how great Donovan was, how he'd accomplished more than Boeheim in such a short time, etc. I pointed out that between his playing days at Providence and his coaching against Cuse, Donovan was like 1-12 against Boeheim.

He also was convinced Donovan would never leave Florida. I was loving it when he took the OKC job.

I thought the missed walk on that home run throw was pivotal for the Gators slide at the end. I thought it was 3 or 4 steps. I saw it the first time, and the announcers spoke of it after the replay.

Really like Frank Martin. Heard a good Sirius interview with him the before the game. Those players play hard for him. He said he tries to really get to know each of them as men. He does a 2-hour get together with the team every week where they specifically talk about anything not basketball. Just an open forum.

He wants the other team to feel them on D. His philosophy is that nobody will go through them or around them. Florida gave them problems because they have guards who are very quick and can turn the corner on them. Then you get some scrambling and rotations happen. But, as we found out, our guards couldn't turn the corner, Frank was slow, and they didn't leave our shooters. We were dead ducks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom