Florida State reaction to "the Dude" | Syracusefan.com

Florida State reaction to "the Dude"

liljoe

Scout Team
The FSU board doesn't seem to think much of the dude. Their basic response?

Big-12.jpg

Pretty good visual reminder of why this guy's panties are in a bunch...

Bunched panties only aggravate an already severe case of butt hurt.

As unlikely as it may be, my fear with the ACC is a mass exodus.

I don't believe we are going to see teams leave one at a time. If teams are leaving for a new conference, they are leaving with travel buddies....in pairs or more.

And if one pair decides to leave....lets say....for the B1G, then I fear we are going to see a wholesale exodus to the SEC and B12. The ACC could see the loss of 6 or more schools.

Now, do I really think that will happen? Not really. But I never thought Maryland would be in the B1G either.

Big-12.jpg

just look at that map. my god, can somebody explain to me that if there is 4 confs left standing, just how in hell will they be 1 of them???

if im the okies and the kansas'...im calling larry scott every morning.

Big-12.jpg

4 irrelevant states besides TX. The big players in that conference don't cover very much of the country or population (other than TX of course) with UT and OU only 369 miles apart. Why would any ACC schools even consider moving to the Big12.

Maybe 38 million people total in all 5 states of the Big12. California alone has about 38 million. NY & FL combine for about 38 million. ILL, PA, OH & MI combine for about 45 million. As you can see, the Pac-12, ACC, B1G & SEC all have much larger population bases.

sn-lights.jpg

What hurts the ACC is that the Big 12 has nothing to offer other than Texas and OU to the Big 10 while the ACC has a LOT to offer the Big 10. I firmly believe that rutty was the booby prize because Virginia, GT and NC said no. The Big 12 is fools gold.

The Big12 is fools gold. Really the ACC should be pro-active and working on getting Penn State or Texas as #15

just look at that map. my god, can somebody explain to me that if there is 4 confs left standing, just how in hell will they be 1 of them???

if im the okies and the kansas'...im calling larry scott every morning.

1st call - Larry Scott
2nd call - Jim Delany
3rd call - Mike Slive

Who wants to get to 16 first, we're willing to help.

Wake up, repeat. Shawshank Library yourself into one of those leagues.

1st call - Larry Scott
2nd call - Jim Delany
3rd call - Mike Slive

Who wants to get to 16 first, we're willing to help.

Wake up, repeat. Shawshank Library yourself into one of those leagues.

No reason they shouldn't be calling John Swofford as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The Big12 is fools gold. Really the ACC should be pro-active and working on getting Penn State or Texas as #15

Their first call should be to Maryland and say 'so, you want to rethink that decision there, chief?'

Kansas could be quite attractive to the PAC or Big 10 if they want good academics and hoop. Not a sexy pick for football though and if that is the driving force they'll be on the outside looking in. I could see the Big 10 getting Kansas if somehow they ever get just one of Virginia, NC or GT.

Texas is that attractive girl that has been poison to every relationship she has been in but as we all know you can never stop wanting her.

No reason they shouldn't be calling John Swofford as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I think at that point, they'd prefer B12 over ACC. Too many outpost logistical items I would guess. I would think these particular schools feel comfortable enough that they would never be left out completely. But any chance to get into Pac-12, Big 10, SEC, they need to pounce.

Kansas could be quite attractive to the PAC or Big 10 if they want good academics and hoop. Not a sexy pick for football though and if that is the driving force they'll be on the outside looking in. I could see the Big 10 getting Kansas if somehow they ever get just one of Virginia, NC or GT.

Texas is that attractive girl that has been poison to every relationship she has been in but as we all know you can never stop wanting her.

The B1G could do worse than take Kansas and UCONN. That makes them at least the ACC's equal in hoops, brings in the Kansas City City market and probably pins down the NYC metro market for the B1G. No, the football isn't great -- TODAY -- but who says teams have to be 5-7 in perpetuity? Only thing this doesn't do is put a stake through the heart of the ACC and that's what it's all about for the WVU crowd.

The B1G could do worse than take Kansas and UCONN. That makes them at least the ACC's equal in hoops, brings in the Kansas City City market and probably pins down the NYC metro market for the B1G. No, the football isn't great -- TODAY -- but who says teams have to be 5-7 in perpetuity? Only thing this doesn't do is put a stake through the heart of the ACC and that's what it's all about for the WVU crowd.

I think that would be a hard sell to the current members, especially UConn and they just got Maryland/rutty who are not juggernauts in football by any means but I agree it would be quite the addition to their hoops programs.

No doubt about WV, they are by themselves and to add to that they are losing a lot off their football team so they are running/talking scared. I'd love to hear the brass in the Big 12 and hear how they really feel about picking WV now.

West Virginia looks to be holding its own recruiting NJ and Pennsylvania kids. That has kept their recruiting class in the top 25, although it looks like they may soon slip out of it if one of their two 4-star recruits decommits.

WVU is not doing very well recruiting in Florida this year, however. Only one verbal from the Sunshine State, 2-star running back Jackie Marcellus.

That's why I think it would be smart for the Big 12 to get USF and Cincy. It gives WV a buddy and opens up Florida like A&M opening up Texas for the SEC. Not quite the impact but a positive for the conference.

I just don't see it on UConn. With Indiana reborn, Michigan resurfaced, Ohio State's recent run, and Calhoun retired, that seems like a risky proposition. Especially with the hit to your football league's reputation.

I just don't see a home for UConn unless the ACC gets raided.

The shine on their Basketball crown jewel is fading very quickly and any memory of their Football program in a BCS bowl has long since been forgotten.

I can't believe you just made "Shawshank Library" a verb. Well done.

Just hope he won't sing Hank Williams for us.

Or read us the Count of Monte Crisco, by Alexnder Dumbass, before we go to bed.

Just hope he won't sing Hank Williams for us.

Or read us the Count of Monte Crisco, by Alexnder Dumbass, before we go to bed.

Or get a job bagging groceries, a few weeks before the naming of the library.

I think the ACC should offer Texas the same deal as Notre Dame. That would eliminate the Big XII as a threat forever.

I just don't see it on UConn. With Indiana reborn, Michigan resurfaced, Ohio State's recent run, and Calhoun retired, that seems like a risky proposition. Especially with the hit to your football league's reputation.

I wonder if UConn has out a call into the Pope yet? That Catholic league must be looking mighty sexy...

Which makes me wonder, will playboy ever do a "Girls of the Catholic Basketball Conference?"

mean-nun.jpg

We can always dream...