Florida State Tailgate Thread Sat, Oct 31st | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Tailgate Thread Sat, Oct 31st

AirForceOrange

Hall of Fame
ADMINS: Please tack this thread and untack the other one.

If you are attending the Syracusefan.com tailgate please post here, the number of people (note children and number) coming and what you are bringing.

AirForceOrange: 3 people, 1 child; Canopy, grill, table, case of water, 5 chip cookies, 7 packages Hoffman's franks, 3 extra lawn chairs if someone needs one.

TexanMark: 1 person; 3-4 pkgs Hoffman's Coneys (I refuse to call them Snappy Grillers!!), 1x 12 pk of Razz-a-Rita, 12-18 pk beer (various), Canopy, grill table, Backup grill, 2x 1lbs propane bottles, hand sanitizer, food service gloves, tongs, scissors, tailgate emergency kit, plasticware, napkins, cups.

JJReddawg: 4 (possibly 6); canopy, water (approx. 60 bottles), soda (I'll inventory it later to get an exact count), cooler (for water and soda), possibly cornhole boards (will depend on which vehicle we take), and I'll bring my flags and pole as well (might as well get as many flags flying as possible).

Mkeogan: 2-3 sleeves of Syracuse cups.

Needed:
This will be updated after the discussion today (10/26) between Mrs. AFO and Mrs. JJR.

Last edited:
TexanMark 1 person, will bring 3-4 Packages of Hofmann's Snappy Grillers as needed, 1 12 pack of Razz-a-rita drinks for the ladies, 12-18 pack of various beers
Equipment: 1 canopy/weight plates, 1 grill table, 1 Ant Bailey Grill (backup for AFO), 2 1lbs propane bottles, hand sanitizer, food service gloves, tongs, scissors, tailgate emergency kit (tools/tape, etc...), plasticware, napkins, cups as needed.

Edit: Forgot...I'll bring the flagpole and the Block S and 10th MTN Flags to fly.

Last edited:
We should find out the game time on Monday, October 19, 2015.

Plan is to park and tailgate at the Donald L Tucker Civic Center.

Parking opens at 8 AM. $10.00 to park. $5 for the shuttle, round trip. You will get a ticket and wristband for the shuttle, tickets gets you to the stadium, wristband gets you back. Shuttle starts 2-3 hrs prior to game start and continues up to 1 hr after the game. The walk from the Civic Center to the stadium is approx. 1.5 miles.

Parking Stadium.JPG

Last edited:
Well game time is at Noon EST...

So tailgate will probably be scaled back a bit. Will provide additional updates after I discuss with TexanMark...

I agree. I'll talk to you tomorrow. BTW, I still have 2 Tix for sale. $70 gets the pair...includes the tailgate.

So far...nothing from SU Alumni groups...I'm figuring a smallish tailgate of 30-40 even with some local alumni. Will be easy to do this one... Hope for dry weather as I prefer to walk to the stadium... The walk back will still be daylight.

4 (possibly 6). I'll bring canopy, water (approx. 60 bottles), soda (I'll inventory it later to get an exact count), cooler (for water and soda), possibly cornhole boards (will depend on which vehicle we take), and I'll bring my flags and pole as well (might as well get as many flags flying as possible).

Civic Center parking instructions
SPIRIT EXPRESS SHUTTLE: This bus service, operated by the City of Tallahassee/StarMetro, originates at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center. Fans should park at the Tucker Center or in nearby state parking garages.Tickets will be on sale at the Tucker Center ticket office. Service begins two hours prior to kickoff. Separate Spirit Express vans for special needs fans are available at FSU Garage No. 5, corner of Macomb and Copeland streets, and at FSU Garage No. 6, corner of St. Augustine and Dunwoody streets. Fares collected on the vans require correct change or a ticket. No open containers or coolers are allowed on Spirit Express buses or vans. Service ends one hour after the end of each game.

BTW, I measured the walk from the Civic Center Area to the stadium...it looks to be no more than 1 mile.

Excited for the Tailgate...Will be coming up from Orlando. What can I bring? I have a bunch of Syracuse Plastic cups. Could bring 2-3 sleeves with me.

Excited for the Tailgate...Will be coming up from Orlando. What can I bring? I have a bunch of Syracuse Plastic cups. Could bring 2-3 sleeves with me.

You can bring those. Mrs. AirForceOrange and Mrs. JJReddawg are supposed to be getting together to figure out what we have and what we will need...so please stand by.

Make sure you're signed in, look at the top right side of the screen and click on the "red 1" on top of "Alert". I sent you a message. Welcome to the board...were you at the USF tailgate?

We were hoping to participate but noon game changed our plans. We are arriving from Pensacola and will only have enough time to stop by. Since I am a new member of Syracuse fan I assume you only do a pregame? We found out about tailgate after attending USF game in Tampa.
Appeared you were having a great time. Go Cuse!

We were hoping to participate but noon game changed our plans. We are arriving from Pensacola and will only have enough time to stop by. Since I am a new member of Syracuse fan I assume you only do a pregame? We found out about tailgate after attending USF game in Tampa.
Appeared you were having a great time. Go Cuse!
Most likely yes...but if we have a close loss or a win then I imagine we'll be there a good hour afterwards allowing traffic to clear.

BTW, welcome to the board.

I'll be flying these flags...all Cuse fans are welcomed to come by and visit.

View attachment 52981 View attachment 52982
Most likely yes...but if we have a close loss or a win then I imagine we'll be there a good hour afterwards allowing traffic to clear.

BTW, welcome to the board.
So if there for a post game do you need anything? We anticipate having no time to spend at pregame but after game we have the evening. We plan on parking civic center and taking shuttle.

So if there for a post game do you need anything? We anticipate having no time to spend at pregame but after game we have the evening. We plan on parking civic center and taking shuttle.
Not really...we usually just chow down on some leftovers and drink a beer or soda. You are welcomed to come by.

I graduated from SU in 1970 and my wife and I will be stopping by the tailgate before the Fla. St, game. I agree to pay the $20.00 fee. Thomas and Dianne Smith

Great!! Look forward to meeting ya'll!!

Hey Everyone,

Just got back from a nice Disney Cruise Vacation. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for the Tailgate. What time will everyone be getting there and set up? I am bringing a couple sleeves of the Block S plastic cups, about 36 total.

We are at the SW corner of the Civic Center near about 20 RVs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom