Floyd Little Jersey Raffle to Benefit the SyraCRUZ Tailgate! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Floyd Little Jersey Raffle to Benefit the SyraCRUZ Tailgate!

Busy day! We are $46 short of our $2000 goal!

I have been asked by a few how this drawing will be executed, so thought I would post here,
First, we have had 45 individual purchases totalling $2140 to date. I believe the PayPal Fundraiser link will close today, but all other payment channels will remain active. We have kept a spreadsheet with all ticket purchases and contact information stored. I have a roll of single part tickets - not the double part that we typically use for the 50 - 50. I have entered the ticket numbers in the spreadsheet and written the name of the donor on the back of each ticket to cross reference, separated them and put them in a large tin. Sales will continue in the tailgate lot at the merchandise table until roughly 9:30. I will do my regular announcements at that time, introduce Lorna to talk about the item and her history with SU, Floyd and syracusefan.com. I will then introduce our player-guest, Kyra Wood who will do her brief address. Then Lorna and I will return to the mic around 10 and draw the winner. If you are in the lot we will hand over the jersey at that time. If you don't have someplace to store during the game I will put it in my car for you and hand it over post game. If not in the lot, we will reach out and give you the good news.

This has been an absolute godsend and virtually guarantees that we can have some type of NIL project in 2024. If you have yet to purchase a ticket, please consider doing so to show support for the generous donation. And to support the SyraCRUZ tailgate initiative in other ways, we are always open for donations and merchandise is available with a couple of Clemson week specials via mail order, prepay and pickup, or at the merchandise table at the tailgate.

Finally tally is $2464 raised for the SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL Fund. The winner has been notified and I am meeting them tomorrow to hand off their prize. I will post name and photo when I get their permission, but I will share they are both Syracuse grads from the class of 1996, live locally and are Syracuse football and basketball season ticket holders.

One more huge thank you to Mighty_LR for her incredible generosity. To put it in perspective, this gift will fund 5 future tailgate guests or fully half of our 2024 name sponsor payment to Enrique or his successor. Please come back and see us soon and often, Lorna!

Last edited:
And our 2023 SyraCRUZ Tshirt in some pretty good company! Told you it’s what all the cool kids are wearing. Supplies are limited so buy yours now!

1696184775335.png

Last edited:
Here is your winner, Dr. Andre Cardoso, a Syracuse grad from the class of ‘96 along with his wife, Kelly. Season ticket holders for football and basketball.
Andre is an oral surgeon in Syracuse and has committed to come and join us for a SyraCRUZ Tailgate.
IMG_1369.jpeg

Here is your winner, Dr. Andre Cardoso, a Syracuse grad from the class of ‘96 along with his wife, Kelly. Season ticket holders for football and basketball.
Andre is an oral surgeon in Syracuse and has committed to come and join us for a SyraCRUZ Tailgate.
View attachment 231846

Hope that isn’t his car with the NC State sticker on it……….. lol

Hope that isn’t his car with the NC State sticker on it……….. lol
Yeah, meant to ask him about that! He got his undergrad from Syracuse, DMD from UConn Dental School then MD from SUNY Downstate Medical. His wife, Kelly also got her undergrad from Syracuse, not sure beyond that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom