food for thought | Syracusefan.com

food for thought

Macky44

Starter
Heisman winner Marcus Mariota was the No. 22-ranked quarterback in 2011 (3-star recruit). Guess who was ranked No. 28? Our man Ashton Broyld.

image.jpg

im guessing marriota wouldn't sniff the league if he came to syracuse instead and we'd all be talking about how much he sucks. just my opinion.

Guy played HS ball in Hawaii, right? Thinking that might have hurt his ranking.

dinosaurbbq said:
I think it means that with proper coaching, the #22 ranked QB can develop into the best in the nation and with horrible coaching, he may not be able to complete a 15 yard pass to a receiver that hasn't likely gotten much separation due to a piss poor scheme and who will likely not gain more than a few YAC due to inadequate blocking due to inadequate coaching, play calling and scheme.

So much wrong with this.

I'll just leave it at: Marcus might be able read defenses and play at a high level, while Ashton might not be able to do both.

You're suggesting that had Ashton gone to Oregon, he'd win the Heisman!?!??!

So much wrong with this.

I'll just leave it at: Marcus might be able read defenses and play at a high level, while Ashton might not be able to do both.

You're suggesting that had Ashton gone to Oregon, he'd win the Heisman!?!??!

Does anyone else remember the commentators during the USC game saying that some felt Broyld would be a future Heisman candidate?

I got several texts right after that from friends that are casual SU football fans asking about Broyld.

Ridiculous.

Heisman winner Marcus Mariota was the No. 22-ranked quarterback in 2011 (3-star recruit). Guess who was ranked No. 28? Our man Ashton Broyld.
Junk food - you gobble it up, but it isn't good nutrition.

According to the ex site there were 11 better WR's than Amari Cooper in his class and and 37 better RB's than Melvin Gordon:noidea:

The fact that Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez can be successful in the NFL in the Oregon system is all you need to know.

Does anyone else remember the commentators during the USC game saying that some felt Broyld would be a future Heisman candidate?

I got several texts right after that from friends that are casual SU football fans asking about Broyld.

Ridiculous.
From a friend at Broyld's HS who knows:
  • SU was recruiting him as a QB
  • One SU asst. coach said they didn't expect him to stay four years before going pro.

Not exactly like saying he would win the Heisman but still, crazy high expectations.

Similar variables can have vastly different trajectories. Literally. :noidea:

1319566462_trampoline_fail.gif

Offensive philosophy folks, offensive philosophy. As in, we need one

We have one-- or at least we had one this past season--and it was offensive, very offensive.:eek:

Hopefully things improve next year.

Let's keep the faith... At least for a while.:rolleyes: