Football Season Tix Question... | Syracusefan.com

Football Season Tix Question...

TBCuse11

Starter
We have five seats. We have two friends who sit a couple rows back. Two of our five are moving out of state, so we had hoped to release two of our season tix to the people who sit a couple rows back. Box office said this can not be done. Why is this? And can anyone advise the best way for them to get them another way? Seems pretty silly.

We have five seats. We have two friends who sit a couple rows back. Two of our five are moving out of state, so we had hoped to release two of our season tix to the people who sit a couple rows back. Box office said this can not be done. Why is this? And can anyone advise the best way for them to get them another way? Seems pretty silly.

Where are they? The seats two rows back?

I think most people would just keep the tickets in whoever's name they are currently in, and collect the payment from the friends on the side. Not a great solution but it works...

I think most people would just keep the tickets in whoever's name they are currently in, and collect the payment from the friends on the side. Not a great solution but it works...

We were doing this, but it's a hassle for the person collecting payments (at the time, it was yours truly). So each person now as their own mycuse account and renews their ticket. We're trying to add 1 next to us this year, but I'd be shocked if that worked out. We're front row, on an aisle. Limits the options of where the 7th person can sit.

As to the original post, I'm surprised the Dome won't do it. But I'd guess that if you release the 2 seats, the odds are pretty good that other 2 could then 'upgrade'. It would just be 2 transactions and there's the possibility that someone could swoop in and grab the 2 being vacated. If you time it right, and let's be honest, the demand for SU tickets isn't all that great, you should be able to pull it off.

We were doing this, but it's a hassle for the person collecting payments (at the time, it was yours truly). So each person now as their own mycuse account and renews their ticket. We're trying to add 1 next to us this year, but I'd be shocked if that worked out. We're front row, on an aisle. Limits the options of where the 7th person can sit.

As to the original post, I'm surprised the Dome won't do it. But I'd guess that if you release the 2 seats, the odds are pretty good that other 2 could then 'upgrade'. It would just be 2 transactions and there's the possibility that someone could swoop in and grab the 2 being vacated. If you time it right, and let's be honest, the demand for SU tickets isn't all that great, you should be able to pull it off.

This is what we will most likely do. They dont wat to pay us, because they still want tickets in their name so they can get in early hoops stuff. We have all had our seats for four years now. I too am very surprised and slightly disappointed that the Dome wouldnt just do this. Customer Service is just not their strong suit.

I have had similar things happen. On a side note, we have also requested 3 seats in front of us (that's the entire row) that are never sold as season tickets (we ask people who sit there at the games). We have friends who are further away that want to be near us. The dome has not allowed us to do that.

I have had similar things happen. On a side note, we have also requested 3 seats in front of us (that's the entire row) that are never sold as season tickets (we ask people who sit there at the games). We have friends who are further away that want to be near us. The dome has not allowed us to do that.

They just dont get it. Its like pulling teeth to get anything done.

TBCuse11 said:
This is what we will most likely do. They dont wat to pay us, because they still want tickets in their name so they can get in early hoops stuff. We have all had our seats for four years now. I too am very surprised and slightly disappointed that the Dome wouldnt just do this. Customer Service is just not their strong suit.

Customer service has nothing to do with it. It's been SU's policy for years that tickets can only be transferred to immediate family.

In addition to that, they people in between you and them have first right of upgrade. So technically if none of them upgraded your friends could upgrade.

With my season ticket renewal there was a notice that you could transfer your tickets to another individual. I suggest you persue it further with someone higher up the food chain. I've done it in the past and it was only family members. Seems thaye have had a change which has not been communicated.

Most NFL teams have the same policy. If you give up your tickets, they get offered to the next name on the waiting list.

The solution is to keep the tickets in your name and make your own arrangements.

Most NFL teams have the same policy. If you give up your tickets, they get offered to the next name on the waiting list.

The solution is to keep the tickets in your name and make your own arrangements.
That's fine but that's not exactly what is happening in all cases. As I noted above, there are 3 seats (entire row) in front of us that have not been bought as season tickets for at least the last 4 years. One of the people in our tailgate group wants to move from his current 3 to these 3. It is not that far of a move and in the same price range. They say that can't be done. It's not like they are giving these tickets to someone who wants them. They are going unsold as season tickets.

That's fine but that's not exactly what is happening in all cases. As I noted above, there are 3 seats (entire row) in front of us that have not been bought as season tickets for at least the last 4 years. One of the people in our tailgate group wants to move from his current 3 to these 3. It is not that far of a move and in the same price range. They say that can't be done. It's not like they are giving these tickets to someone who wants them. They are going unsold as season tickets.
They should be able to indicate that they'd like to upgrade their seats at renewal time. They'll then be given a (2-day?) window to select better seats once the regular renewal period has ended. If the seats in question are available then they'll be able to relocate as desired.

That's how it works for hoops (been there, done that), and was led to believe that football would work the same way.

They should be able to indicate that they'd like to upgrade their seats at renewal time. They'll then be given a (2-day?) window to select better seats once the regular renewal period has ended. If the seats in question are available then they'll be able to relocate as desired.

That's how it works for hoops (been there, done that), and was led to believe that football would work the same way.
Well, these are seats that were not purchased for season tickets the year before. They are open... not awaiting renewal. No one to renew them. There is no good reason not to allow an immediate swap for the person who wants to move.

Well, these are seats that were not purchased for season tickets the year before. They are open... not awaiting renewal. No one to renew them. There is no good reason not to allow an immediate swap for the person who wants to move.
A person who donates more may also want those seats. The good news, for you, is that due to recent & current season ticket demand, those seats may still be available. Follow the process and you may get what you want.

If it does not work out as desired, call the ticket people immediately after the renewal (and upgrade) process is over. If the desired seats are no longer available they may still be able to get you seated together, although that may not be where you're currently sitting.

I would definitely have your friends indicate that they're interested in changing seats... do it as part of the renewal process, or call if they've already paid.

xc84 said:

No such thing as immediate swapping. There is a process and he could every well get them. Tell your Buddy to follow the process.

No such thing as immediate swapping. There is a process and he could every well get them. Tell your Buddy to follow the process.
LOL...you sound like you work at the dome.

A person who donates more may also want those seats. The good news, for you, is that due to recent & current season ticket demand, those seats may still be available. Follow the process and you may get what you want.

If it does not work out as desired, call the ticket people immediately after the renewal (and upgrade) process is over. If the desired seats are no longer available they may still be able to get you seated together, although that may not be where you're currently sitting.

I would definitely have your friends indicate that they're interested in changing seats... do it as part of the renewal process, or call if they've already paid.
I actually think they went post the renewal deadline and were still told they can't swap 'em... but I will check. No suggestions, nothing. "Can't do that"

I actually think they went post the renewal deadline and were still told they can't swap 'em... but I will check.
That's odd as the renewal period is happening now. If they haven't paid yet then there's a selection that can be made indicating that you want to change/improve your seats. If they've already paid then they may still be able to request that online. If not then they should call. This is definitely the time to indicate that desire.

If these are preferred seats then a call to the Orange Club would also be appropriate to indicate that request.

As Bees and I have indicated above, there's a process to be followed. This is the time for your friends to indicate that they want to follow that process.

Moontan said:
That's odd as the renewal period is happening now. If they haven't paid yet then there's a selection that can be made indicating that you want to change/improve your seats. If they've already paid then they may still be able to request that online. If not then they should call. This is definitely the time to indicate that desire. If these are preferred seats then a call to the Orange Club would also be appropriate to indicate that request. As Bees and I have indicated above, there's a process to be followed. This is the time for your friends to indicate that they want to follow that process.

This is the time to indicate you want to upgrade, but not actually select the seats.

This is the time to indicate you want to upgrade, but not actually select the seats.
Yup, that's exactly what I've said in my posts. Those wishing to change seats will be given a time when they can do that, based on contribution levels, etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom