Footballscoop: It will be Chesney or Mullen | Syracusefan.com

Footballscoop: It will be Chesney or Mullen

Ugh on chesney. Holy cross didnt even make the playoffs this year. Its basically waiving the white flag and saying we arent paying anyone to coach here and live with mediocrity.

Hard pass. Make Mullen happen

Good with either.
I've been a little critical of Mullen but after thinking more it seems dealing with Florida boosters and everything that comes with that must really be miserable. He's proven he can succeed at a place that's tough to win, in the SEC West of all divisions.

These are the two best options from this group of candidates and I'll be happy with either. The fact Mullen is a possibility is pretty incredible. We'd have instant credibility.

Last edited:
Ugh on chesney. Holy cross didnt even make the playoffs this year. Its basically waiving the white flag and saying we arent paying anyone to coach here and live with mediocrity.

Hard pass. Make Mullen happen
He is a good coach and could be our Leipold, he is a fine option but he isn’t Mullen in terms of credibility and P5 chops

I've been a little critical of Mullin but after thinking more it seems dealing with Florida boosters and everything that comes with that must really be miserable. He's proven he can succeed at a place that's tough to win, in the SEC West of all divisions.

These are the two best options from this group of candidates and I'll be happy with either. The fact Mullin is a possibility is pretty incredible. We'd have instant credibility.
Mullen could walk in to Wegmens and hardly be noticed. He may appreciate that.

Looks like they got a lead it was going to be Chesney, wrote the article and then added a blurb when the Mullen news popped up.
It could just be to educate people on Chesney who is non-FBS. We already know Mullen.

Maybe I’m just a glass half full guy. I just don’t see Mullen wanting to come to Syracuse when he could probably have several other jobs with more resources. Probably using us as a bargaining chip for better offers.

I have to believe Chesney will be the guy. The plus with him is we should be able to afford some really good guys for the staff. As long as he doesn’t just bring his whole HC staff with him.

Hes 0-4 in thr playoffs. Didnt make the playoffs this season. No power 5 experience. We can do so much better. This doesnt move the needle whatsoever if hes the guy.

“We can do so much better.” While I feel your frustration, who do you think we are?
We are a Dollar Tree in a sea of Walmarts. We don’t get to pick the prettiest lady in the room. We get the one with an eye patch and no teeth.
Good thing is we are fixable with the right guy. Chesney has proven to fix football teams at every step so far. Let’s give him a shot.

“We can do so much better.” While I feel your frustration, who do you think we are?
We are a Dollar Tree in a sea of Walmarts. We don’t get to pick the prettiest lady in the room. We get the one with an eye patch and no teeth.
Good thing is we are fixable with the right guy. Chesney has proven to fix football teams at every step so far. Let’s give him a shot.
I would take Al Golden over him. This just reeks of settling for a guy who has never coached a second in a power 5 conference.

Hes 0-4 in thr playoffs. Didnt make the playoffs this season. No power 5 experience. We can do so much better. This doesnt move the needle whatsoever if hes the guy.
You are making things up. He got them to the semis last year. Chesney can coach. That’s not debatable. The debate is the jump up. He is going up question with who

You are making things up. He got them to the semis last year. Chesney can coach. That’s not debatable. The debate is the jump up. He is going up question with who
My bad 1-3. Still dont want him. And he went 7-4 this season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom