Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Basketball

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Cats-and-Dogs-Had-Opposable-Thumbs-Day1.jpg

Welcome to What If Dogs and Cats had Opposable Thumbs Day!

It’s March 3rd, and you know what that means: "What if Dogs and Cats Had Opposable Thumbs Day" has arrived again, the day on which we contemplate the true meaning of how the world would be different if our pets had opposable thumbs and could do the sorts of things we humans take for granted.

SU News

19860746-mmmain.jpg

Throwback Thursday: Syracuse Basketball's Epic 27 Game Losing Streak (PS; Croyle)

On March 3, 1962, Bob Murray's twisting lay-up dropped through the basket to give the Syracuse University men's basketball team a 73-72 lead at Boston College with 11 seconds remaining on the clock. The Orangemen would hold on to the win the game, their first in almost a year.

It's hard to believe that the Syracuse basketball program, now one of the most consistent winning programs in the country, endured a 27-game losing streak from Feb. 22, 1961 to Feb. 28, 1962. The streak was the longest ever endured by a NCAA men's basketball team (since broken).

It began in front of 939 fans at the War Memorial on Feb. 22, 1961. The fans "roared" as Syracuse fought back against the favored Golden Griffins of Canisius. They rallied to within four points with just over three minutes remaining, before losing 83-78.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Stevens was fantastic. I miss his insight and not just saying that because I agree with him in this instance.

OrangeXtreme said:
Really nice break down by old friend Patrick Stevens.

I would love to get the seven seed and avoid a tough game in the first round. Really need to beat FSU and hope Pitt loses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom