Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Basketball

befunky-design1.jpg

Welcome to National Chocolate Pudding Day!

The food holiday National Chocolate Pudding Day is observed each year on June 26th. Chocolate pudding has been loved by children and adults for many years. Usually eaten as a snack or dessert, chocolate pudding is also used as a filling for chocolate creme pie.

Historically, chocolate pudding is a variation of chocolate custard, using starch as a thickener instead of eggs. The 1903 edition of Mary Harris Frazer’s Kentucky Receipt Book and the 1918 edition of Fannie Farmer’s Boston Cooking School Cook Book both have recipes for the earlier version, using both eggs and flour.

• In 1934, General Foods (Jello) introduced chocolate pudding mix as “Walter Baker’s Dessert.”
  • In 1936, it was renamed “Pickle’s Pudding.”
SU News

NC State offseason sportsball review: Men’s basketball wins in Syracuse, 74-70 (backingthepack.com; Muma)

Kinda quiet around this offseason, ain’t it? More than usual, maybe. Or possibly I think each subsequent offseason is more boring than the last, whether that is true or not. But really—there is nothing happening right now. They say that football season is like 70 days away, but this is not true: it’s a million days away. Frankly, I’m worried about how things may devolve around here.

In an effort to avoid the above, let’s watch some old sports. Who knows, maybe this offseason will be boring enough for me to do this for the next two months.

For whatever reason last night, I started watching NC State’s win at Syracuse from this past basketball season. The game was more entertaining than I had remembered—I mean, we even managed to drag the Orange’s plodding asses into the 70s.

This was the start of a four-game winning streak that really helped solidify State’s NCAA tournament status and included the late-game heroics of Markell Johnson, who hit the game-winning shot with 33 seconds remaining. That was after Syracuse rallied from eight down with 2:45 left. The win probability graph from this game is fun, too:

statecusewinprob.png

Other

22876267-standard.jpg

Take a look at Hilton's new Tru hotel in Salina (photos)
(PS; Moriarty)

Hilton's newest hotel brand, Tru, has come to Central New York.

A 93-room Tru by Hilton opened Friday at 417 7th North St., 4.5 miles south of Syracuse Hancock International Airport and a few minutes' drive from the Destiny USA mall.

It's just the second Tru to open in New York. The other is in Williamsville, near Buffalo.

A 90-room Tru is scheduled to open later this summer at the Township 5 shopping center in Camillus.

Tru is a new midscale Hilton brand that features a lobby with areas for guests to work, play games, eat and lounge.

The one in Salina is actually a redevelopment of a 105-room Hampton Inn that stood on the spot for 23 years. Owner Prima Terra Properties closed the Hampton Inn last year when it opened a new Hampton a short distance away on Buckley Road.

The company stripped the old Hampton down to its concrete walls and demolished the front third of the hotel. It then built an entirely new lobby and all-new rooms to Hilton's specifications. The building also got new electrical, plumbing, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom