Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

Jim+Boeheim+Rakeem+Christmas+TQh_2R74i-km.jpg

College Basketball Countdown: Number 23 is Syracuse (usatoday.com; Gleeson)

THE FIRST WORD: The formula for success at Syracuse often comes down to a suffocating zone defense and, above all else, a talented point guard.

"We've had a lot of good ones," said Jim Boeheim, the Orange coach for 39 years. Michael Carter-Williams, Jonny Flynn, Gerry McNamara, Pearl Washington, Sherman Douglas. The list goes on.

STARTING FIVE: Previewing the 2014-15 season

Last season's incumbent floor general, Tyler Ennis, surprisingly left early for the NBA after an exceptional freshman campaign. Now it's up to Kaleb Joseph as Syracuse also tries to replace All-American C.J. Fair and big man Jerami Grant.

Other

-8320cb6ab858db91.JPG

Auction Planned for Home Where Clinton Family Stayed During Skaneateles Vacations (Tampone)

The lakeside estate where President Bill Clinton and his family stayed while on vacation in Skaneateles is headed to a luxury real estate auction.

The property's owners, Tom and Cathy McDonald, opted for an auction to sell the home quickly, Tom McDonald said in an emailed statement. The home was listed for sale last year for more than $7.7 million.

The auction will take place at 11 a.m. Oct. 25 at the property. It's a private event. You'll need a deposit of $100,000 if you want to bid.

Platinum Luxury Auctions of Miami will conduct the bidding. The company, which specializes in high-end auctions, is hosting previews at the estate from noon to 5 p.m. daily until the auction date.

The previews are open to the public. You need a driver's license to get in.

The McDonalds built the mansion in 1987. It's located at 3007 E. Lake Road and was their main home until 2012.

SU News

Jim+Boeheim+Rakeem+Christmas+TQh_2R74i-km.jpg

College Basketball Countdown: Number 23 is Syracuse (usatoday.com; Gleeson)

THE FIRST WORD: The formula for success at Syracuse often comes down to a suffocating zone defense and, above all else, a talented point guard.

"We've had a lot of good ones," said Jim Boeheim, the Orange coach for 39 years. Michael Carter-Williams, Jonny Flynn, Gerry McNamara, Pearl Washington, Sherman Douglas. The list goes on.

STARTING FIVE: Previewing the 2014-15 season

Last season's incumbent floor general, Tyler Ennis, surprisingly left early for the NBA after an exceptional freshman campaign. Now it's up to Kaleb Joseph as Syracuse also tries to replace All-American C.J. Fair and big man Jerami Grant.

Other

-8320cb6ab858db91.JPG

Auction Planned for Home Where Clinton Family Stayed During Skaneateles Vacations (Tampone)

The lakeside estate where President Bill Clinton and his family stayed while on vacation in Skaneateles is headed to a luxury real estate auction.

The property's owners, Tom and Cathy McDonald, opted for an auction to sell the home quickly, Tom McDonald said in an emailed statement. The home was listed for sale last year for more than $7.7 million.

The auction will take place at 11 a.m. Oct. 25 at the property. It's a private event. You'll need a deposit of $100,000 if you want to bid.

Platinum Luxury Auctions of Miami will conduct the bidding. The company, which specializes in high-end auctions, is hosting previews at the estate from noon to 5 p.m. daily until the auction date.

The previews are open to the public. You need a driver's license to get in.

The McDonalds built the mansion in 1987. It's located at 3007 E. Lake Road and was their main home until 2012.
I didn't realize there was a private home (estate?) worth $7.7M in the area.

So the deposit, do you get that back if you don't win or is that sunk cost? (I'm asking because I need to figure out if I have to stop at the ATM before heading over to the auction, obviously).

Hey, I just started doing a little writing for a new sports website and the first thing I wrote went up today...and uh, it mentions Carmelo? So...it's kind of sort of related to SU hoops and that's my excuse to put it here and I'm sticking to that reasoning? http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-hardest-players-to-guard-in-nba-history/
Jeff... great job! Really enjoyed reading the article. It was interesting, fact filled and informative. Keep up the good work. Your contributions to this forum don't go unnoticed either.
Kudos brother! :)

A good read. Usually those lists are intentionally bad in order to drum up readership. Your list holds up very well. One quibble: I was looking for Elgin Baylor, maybe Bernard King, but then I'm old.

A good read. Usually those lists are intentionally bad in order to drum up readership. Your list holds up very well. One quibble: I was looking for Elgin Baylor, maybe Bernard King, but then I'm old.
You were right in looking for Elgin Baylor. Truly one of the unstoppables.