Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

usa-today-8210059.0.jpg

Preview of Syracuse vs California (TNIAAM; Staff)

As is and will be the norm all season, we've opened the floor to (some of) the basketball TNIAAM wing to discuss this week's burning questions about Syracuse on- and off-the-court, the ACC and more. Join us below:

Most surprising development for Syracuse basketball through two games?
Ben Burrows: How much of an impact Rakeem Christmasis having on the offensive side of the ball. We all know JB said a lot of stuff about him during the offseason but he was going to say Christmas improved no matter what. We are seeing Christmas getting plenty of volume and he’s scoring efficiently. Last year he was a non-factor on offense and this season it looks like he has a legitimate post game.

Matt Constas: .: Rakeem Christmas has been better than expected, but we also expected a lot more out of him this year anyway compared to other years so it isn’t too much of a surprise. I’m just more surprised through two games he is the team’s leading scorer. I thought Chris McCullough would set the tone here, and obviously there is a lot of season left for the freshman to adjust and for the senior’s numbers to come back down to earth, but either one on top works for me. Right now, Christmas is doing as well as Syracuse fans hoped times two. I did not expect him to be their main offensive force, but I wouldn’t mind seeing it continue.

16374553-mmmain.jpg

Niagara Women's Basketball Team Rescued from Thruway Snow Nightmare (PS; Pucci)

The Niagara University women's basketball team, who had been stuck on the New York State Thruway for more than 24 hours, have been rescued, according to a tweet from the team's Twitter.

The team became stranded since around 2 a.m. Tuesday about two miles from the Lackawanna exit, according to the Associated Press.

8dhmTOiLRQ6rmb2iRW0s_wegmans%20need%20anything.jpg

Buried in Snow: Buffalo's Incredible > 3 Foot Lake Effect Snow Storm (PS; Herbert)

Western New York is getting buried in a lake effect snow storm, and more white stuff is on the way.

The National Weather Service said Tuesday afternoon that some parts could get nearly 6 feet of snow by Thursday. Some areas, including south Buffalo, Lancaster and West Seneca, have already reported more than 3 feet of accumulation, and the "incredible" weather could bring a total of 70 inches to the hardest hit towns.

The New York State Thruway, closed between Exit 46 near Rochester and Exit 59 near Fredonia, has now extended its closures south to Exit 61. Traffic is prohibited in both directions.

Buffalo Bills players joked about getting "a light dusting," and wide receiver Marquise Goodwin posted a photo of himself shirtless in snow up to his knees.

I decided to try something new and have a little fun...no actual analysis here, just an attempt at some satire: http://.com/casual-fan-upset-coach-wont-take-his-advice/

Syracuse basketball-California: TV channel information, live stream and tipoff time (PS: Waters)

The Syracuse University men's basketball team will face Cal on Thursday at Madison Square Garden in the semifinals of the 2K Classic. The game is scheduled for 9 p.m., but will likely start sometime between 9:20 and 9:40 based on when the first semifinal between No. 10 Texas and Iowa ends.

The game will be televised by ESPN2. John Saunders, Dick Vitale and Jeff Goodman will call the action.