Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

15655862-mmmain.jpg

Hop Watches Moten and Melo

Who'd Make Your List of All-Time Top 10 Syracuse Basketball Players? (PS; Poliquin)

For Bud, 10 Apparently Means 11

Well, I'm going to do just that, but I'm localizing my roll. You know, even if I am a good $100 million behind Jalen in career earnings. Herewith, then, is my 11-man list of the Top 10 Syracuse University Players of All-Time.

(By the way, "Top 10" is a fairly nebulous term. But as way of partial definition, I was guided by the idea of judging all of the Orange players in their collegiate prime without considering how they'd dominated their eras or how long they'd suited up for SU or how popular they'd been with the fans or how they'd fared in the pros. Then, I imagined them in a gym and playing a bit of ball.)

Anyway, here goes:

1. Dave Bing
2. Derrick Coleman
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Billy Owens
5. Sherman Douglas
6. Roosevelt Bouie
7. Louis Orr
8. Rony Seikaly
9. Lawrence Moten
10. John Wallace/Dwayne Washington

doc548b177e6cc004560852721.jpg

Villanova to Face Syracuse December 20th at Wells Fargo Center (mainline.com)

The Villanova University men's basketball team, ranked No. 7 in the Associated Press poll, will take on former BIG EAST rival Syracuse at Wells Fargo Center on Saturday, December 20 at 1 p.m.

Single game tickets for this game, as well as Villanova's remaining home opponents at Wells Fargo Center, will go on-sale on Saturday, December 13 at 10 a.m. through ComcastTIX online at ComcastTIX.com, by phone at 1-800-298-4200, or in person at the Wells Fargo Center Box Office.

The top ranked Wildcats will face BIG EAST opponents Marquette on Wednesday, February 4 at 7 p.m., Georgetown on Saturday, February 7 at 2 p.m. and AP No. 24 St. Johns on Saturday March 7 at 2 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center.

The Villanova Wildcats, who boast a 9-0 record this season, last met the Syracuse Orange on January 26, 2013 at Wells Fargo Center when the Wildcats took a 75-71 victory over the then No. 3 Orange in overtime

Other

Netflix Gets A College Basketball Coach Fired; This is When Having a Head Coach Who Does Not Use a Computer is a Good Thing (PS; Herbert)

A college basketball coach is out of a job after breaking NCAA rules by sharing hisNetflix account, according to multiple reports.

Southeast Missouri State University revealed Sunday that Ben Coomes, an assistant coach for the women's basketball team, committed several recruiting violations over the summer. He allegedly gave away four t-shirts and four water bottles to high school student-athletes and then gave a recruit his personal Netflix password, the Southeast Missourian reports.

According to the publication, Ty Margenthaler, the head coach for the SEMO women's basketball team, told Coomes to make sure payment was received for the water and shirts, but never did. Margenthaler was suspended for the first two games of the season and docked five days' pay.

Coomes, who had worked at SEMO for three years, was placed on administrative leave earlier this year before resigning, NBC Sports reports. No reason was given for his resignation, but The Big Lead suggested he was "basically forced out of his job."

Didn't know he was actually participating in practices. Any actual practice reports on how he is doing in that setting? Would be really interesting to see if he is actually scrimmaging and if so how he looks?

Otto's weekly top 10 college hoops rankings: http://.com/the-og-college-hoops-top-ten-december-16/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom