Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
t1larg.chicken.cacciatore.jpg

Welcome to National Chicken Cacciatore Day!

It’s National Chicken Cacciatore Day! Did you know that “cacciatore” means "hunter-style" in Italian? This mouthwatering meal emerged in central Italy during the Renaissance period. It is made with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and herbs served over spaghetti.

Make this delicious dish to celebrate National Chicken Cacciatore Day! Serve it with a green salad and a loaf of garlic bread for a scrumptious and hearty meal your family will love!

SU News

ys1u0o3A.jpeg

Chris Carlson Says SU Basketball Will be More Fun to Watch in 2015-16 (thejuice; Cheng)

Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in to chat about the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about a tough loss for Syracuse football against USF.

Here are the highlights from the show:

Wes Cheng: The basketball season is under a month away and one of the biggest questions is Dajuan Coleman’s knee. How has he looked so far?

Chris Carlson: It’s something we need monitor and be wary of all year. The surgery he had, the OATS procedure, is a really tough one. But no red flags so far. He’s practiced every day. He looks really good running. He doesn’t look tentative. He’s never been a particularly explosive guy, so that hasn’t changed. But it’s not like he’s lost a lot. Right now, nothing but optimism about him.

WC: What kind of season do you predict the team having? Is Syracuse a team that is built for a deep NCAA tournament run

CC: I think they’re going to make the NCAA Tournament. I think they’re capable of winning a game or two in that tournament. I think they’re going to be improved from last year. They’re going to be a lot more fun to watch. They’re going to shoot a lot more 3s. They’re going to spread the floor in the way that the NBA is going. […] I don’t think they have a star, which keeps them from becoming an elite team. But they’re an upper half ACC team as long as Dajuan Coleman stays healthy. That’s the key. I think Syracuse is going to make pretty good strides from last year...

16309065-mmmain.jpg

The Revisionist History of Kaleb Joseph (TNIAAM; Keeley)

A lot of Orange fans want to write off sophomore Kaleb Joseph already. When they do they usually like to forget about the reality of the situation.

When Jon Rothstein made it official and passed along Jim Boeheim's decree that
Michael Gbinije would be the starting point guard for the Syracuse Orange this season, it felt like there was an immediate reaction in some corners of Orange fandom.

1. I guess
Kaleb Joseph hasn't improved.

2. Kaleb Joseph is a bust.

As a brief reminder, Kaleb entered last season as the starting PG for the Orange as a freshman. He struggled to find consistency and lost his starting gig as well as playing time as the season rolled on. After averaging 30+ minutes in non-conference play, he would go on to average closer to 15-20 minutes/game by the time ACC play wound down.

It was by all accounts a disappointing season for the highly-touted freshman. It was also exactly what you should have expected. Instead, a large swath of the Orange faithful decided they'd seen enough and Joseph wasn't worth any more effort. If he couldn't get it together over the summer before his sophomore season, he never will. Some folks didn't even want to give him that much time. He might as well just transfer now...

Really like this article by Donna, and am genuinely optimistic that Chino will provide important minutes this year
Me too. I never count out a kid with his work ethic and someone that has overcome the things that he has. I expect him to be a solid backup, one that will concentrate on defense and rebounding.

Really like this article by Donna, and am genuinely optimistic that Chino will provide important minutes this year
She does a great job with the profiles. I've been bugging her to do one on the Chukwu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom