Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Friday for Football

CuseLegacy

National-Reptile-Awareness-Day-October-21-1-e1474648102138.jpg

National Reptile Awareness Day – October 21

NATIONAL REPTILE AWARENESS DAY
Each year on October 21, people across the nation observe National Reptile Awareness Day. Created not only for reptile lovers to celebrate, but National Reptile Awareness Day also promotes education, conservation, and appreciation for reptiles. It is a day to learn about their natural habitats and the ecological threats that they are facing.

A reptile is any amniote that is neither a mammal nor a bird, is cold-blooded, has scales or scutes and can lay eggs on land. Scutes are the thick bony or horny plates which form the dermal layer of such reptiles like turtles and crocodiles.

There are more than 10,000 species of reptiles.

HOW TO OBSERVE

Visit the zoo to see some reptiles or do some research on them. Use #ReptileAwarenessDay to post on social media.

This unbelievable spread calls for an NFL timeout - The Boston Globe

This unbelievable spread calls for an NFL timeout
By Ed Ryan

By Ed RyanGlobe Staff
October 20, 2016
One spread on this weekend’s board is so baffling that it deserves a mention, even though it has nothing to do with the NFL.

Boston College is favored at home over Syracuse by 5. BC hasn’t won an Atlantic Coast Conference game in 23 months and has been outscored this season, 122-24, in league play. Syracuse is coming off a nice win against the same Virginia Tech team that destroyed BC in September, 49-0. So what gives?

I cannot give you an explanation. I keep reminding myself that a spread isn’t a prediction, it’s a tool to create action. Still, every time I’ve mentioned the BC line to someone, they stare back at me with a delirious expression, shaking their head.

I’ll be at the game, so I’ll be tempted, but I also don’t want to spend my Sunday chasing a bad BC decision from Saturday.

Last edited:
Syracuse and Boston College's last meeting as members of the BIG EAST Conference was a memorable one. Syracuse defeated BC 43-17 on Nov. 27, 2004. Diamond Ferri stole the show, rushing for 141 yards and two touchdowns and returning an interception for a score on defense. Ferri was named the BIG EAST Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week for his efforts, becoming the first player in conference history to take home both honors in the same week. The win was vacated by the NCAA more than a decade later.

Syracuse and Boston College's last meeting as members of the BIG EAST Conference was a memorable one. Syracuse defeated BC 43-17 on Nov. 27, 2004. Diamond Ferri stole the show, rushing for 141 yards and two touchdowns and returning an interception for a score on defense. Ferri was named the BIG EAST Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week for his efforts, becoming the first player in conference history to take home both honors in the same week. The win was vacated by the NCAA more than a decade later.

This was with out a doubt my most favorite game memory of all time. I was invited to the game by my neighbor who happens to have been Diamond's defensive back field coach in HS .

Shook his hand as he screamed. "Thanks Coach M for making me a corner back!!!".

AWESOME game. Lets do it again this weekend.

I think twitter is down due to the massive cyber attack.

The Hackers are huge Cuse fans which is why they left this site untouched.

Twitter is back up but I have noticed some tweets with links the links are not accessible.

Honestly, and I hope I'm not blowing this out of proportion, but has there ever been a locker room speech that has garnered so much attention?