Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday - for Football | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Thursday for Football

ACC ANNOUNCES 2014 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME LEGENDS CLASS (TheACC.com)

Greensboro, N.C. — Led by two members of the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame, two members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and one of the most successful coaches in Atlantic Coast Conference history, the ACC announced the 2014 Class of Legends for its 10th Annual Dr Pepper Football Championship Game, which will be played in Charlotte, N.C. on December 6.

Leading this year’s class are former Virginia and Navy head coach George Welsh (Coaldale Pa.), Florida State’s two-time consensus All-American linebacker Derrick Brooks (Pensacola, Fla.), four-time Pitt All-American defensive end Hugh Green (Natchez, Miss.), and Syracuse All-American wide receiver Art Monk (White Plains, N.Y.).

http://www.theacc.com/#!/video-detail/AyajZpcDrAxuzGDjZR9K43DHWjYkRnkO

Last edited:
And in other ACC news... more attrition at Wake Forest..

Quarterback Travis Smith is transferring out of the Wake Forest program just weeks into his true freshman year.

Quarterback Kevin Sousa is suspended indefinitely from the program after a recent charge of driving while impaired...(never drive drunk to Subway). That leaves only sophomore Tyler Cameron as a reserve on scholarship while true Freshman John Wolford is the starter.

By the numbers: Atlantic contenders? (ESPN: Hale)

Two ACC Atlantic Division teams went on the road last week and thumped an overmatched opponent with impressive performances on both sides of the ball. The surprise, perhaps, is that those two teams were NC State and Syracuse.

Why were those strong performances such a revelation? ...

Former Syracuse basketball star Etan Thomas follows tradition of Jim Brown, Don McPherson (PS: Carlson)

15876395-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse University ‏@SyracuseU 6m
#TBT Class registration in #SyracuseU's Archbold Gym circa 1972 (Photo via SU Archives) http://ow.ly/BBkkE

10485081_10153213818969358_6037282233269742597_n.jpg
The moment it really hit home that I was out of high school and in college was on class registration day my freshman year at Archbold Gym. I remember thumbing through that giant class catalog back and forth, back and forth, trying to figure out my schedule. Seems like it all happened yesterday.

Then all I had to do was find the classes and get into them.

What a zoo!

The moment it really hit home that I was out of high school and in college was on class registration day my freshman year at Archbold Gym. I remember thumbing through that giant class catalog back and forth, back and forth, trying to figure out my schedule. Seems like it all happened yesterday.

Then all I had to do was find the classes and get into them.

What a zoo!

Students today don't know just how easy they have it. :D

"know the hell out of people" Well, that's a new one, Shafe.

T-Bird‏@ZThebner 36s
Attention 'Cuse Students: The Football game against Maryland on Saturday is free! Please come out and support YOUR team! #LockTheGate