Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

SU Lands Top-Notch Tight End (cnycentral.com)

Amir Ealey has chosen the Syracuse Orange to play his college football. The 6’4’’ 230 pound TE from Coatesville, PA, just west of Philadelphia, is one of the final recruits for the class of 2015. Ealey was recruited from a number of teams from the ACC including Louisville, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, and Virginia according to CuseNation.com. Ealey played both Tight End and Defensive end in high school and both gives him enjoyment, but in different ways

“I love catching touchdowns and getting yards as a tight end is lovely,” Ealey said. “On the defensive side there is something about sacking the quarterback that just gets me going.”

Ealey's commitment is non-binding until he signs a letter of intent with the Orange in February.

SU Coaches, Try a Little Courtesy (PS; Your Letters)

To the Editor:

I can't ever remember Paul Pasqualoni or Roy Danforth exercising outbursts of discontent at a post game talk for the media. They are journalists and professionals and I feel Syracuse University coaches Jim Boeheim and Scott Shafer should cut these guys a break with a little courtesy.

Coach Shafer slammed his fist on the desk at a meeting. Coach Boeheim did the same in the win over Louisiana Tech. Coach Boeheim must know these athletes are one year separated from high school. Because you lose five players, don't think you will keep the win record the same.

Other

tom-coughlin-d5350d5a204579fe.jpg

Report: Tom Coughlin Has '99.9 Percent' Chance of Returning as NYG HC (PS; Axe)

A report says Syracuse University alum Tom Coughlin will get a 12th season as head coach of the New York Giants.

Steve Serby of the New York Post quotes a source saying Coughlin's return to the Giants in 2015 is "99.9%."

The odds of Tom Coughlin returning to coach the 2015 Giants have skyrocketed dramatically. So dramatically, in fact, The Post has learned the Giants are leaning strongly towards bringing him back next season for one last Super Bowl run.
How strongly?

“99.9 percent he’s back,” a source familiar with the club’s thinking told The Post Sunday night.