Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
SU News

13612185-standard.jpg

Kendall Moore Uses Spring to Gain Weight, Adjust From TE to Center for Syracuse (DO; Blum)

Scott Shafer — surrounded by a crowd of reporters — interrupted his press conference when he was asked about Kendall Moore’s spring practice progression.

“Kendall, how much you weigh?” Shafer shouted across the Iocolano-Petty Football Wing.

Moore’s progress is tied directly into his weight. Since his position change from tight end last season to center in 2015, Moore has been asked to gain at least a pound a week. He started at 235 at the start of the second semester in January and hopes to get up to 270. In response to Shafer, he shouted back “252,” before chuckling.

There aren’t many similarities to the position he’s changed from to the one he will assume, but Shafer, Syracuse’s head coach, said he was the most athletic of the offensive linemen. He’s been using the spring to work on his footwork and to gain weight, and his transition has gone well thus far.

“My first few years playing tight end were fun, but I feel like I’m back at home playing offensive line,” Moore said, noting he played tackle in high school. “It’s coming along fairly easy.”

Moore said he’s taken on a mentee role with players like Nick Robinson, Ivan Foy, Rob Trudo and even Terrel Hunt. He said he feels like he knows the offense and is confident with the plays. His main adjustment is learning to block guys that are larger than him.

At tight end, he blocked slimmer and more agile opponents. Now, he’s working on men with more girth.

“I’ve picked up a lot of weight,” Moore said. “The weight is coming on, and the strength is coming too. It’s just the pounds. Once I get up to a comfortable 270, the dynamics of the position will change.”

9915017-large.jpg

Dwight Freeney Sues Bank of America After Losing More than $20 Million (PS; Carlson)

Former Syracuse star defensive end Dwight Freeney is suing Bank of America, claiming that the bank was involved in a scheme that allegedly cost him $20 million,according to reports.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Freeney's attorney, Jeffrey B. Isaacs, said Freeney authorized the bank to manage his assets in 2010. In two years, Freeney lost more than $20 million. Freeney is claiming that the bank "aided and abetted" a fraud scheme against him.

"This entire scheme could not have succeeded without the substantial involvement and approval of BofA," Isaacs said. "It was a nightmare scenario: my client went to one of the nation's biggest banks and asked for its help managing his finances. And what did BofA do? BofA treated Dwight like a mark in a con-game."

Bill Haldin, a spokesman for Merrill Lynch, disputed the idea that the bank played any role in the scheme.

"Although we sympathize with Mr. Freeney as the victim of a crime, the bank had nothing to do with the criminal scheme," Halldin said in an email. "The two people responsible for this wrongdoing have already been convicted. The primary wrongdoer never worked for the bank or any of its affiliates and the other person committed her criminal conduct after she left Merrill Lynch in 2010."

Other

17404480-mmmain.jpg

2015 SU Block Party: 50 Cent, G-Unit to Perform at Carrier Dome with Kygo (PS; Herbert)

Syracuse University's University Union has announced the lineup for the 2015 SU Block Party.

50 Cent and his hip-hop group G-Unit will co-headline this year's concert at the Carrier Dome with EDM artist Kygo. Rap duo Rae Sremmurd will open the show on Friday, April 24; doors open at 6:30 p.m.

The event follows the college's Mayfest celebration in Walnut Park.

Tickets for SU and SUNY-ESF students are $20 for 1st and 2nd tier seats, or $25 for general admission on the floor. Online pre-sale tickets for students start onTicketmaster.com Wednesday at 10 a.m.; a maximum of 2 tickets per student can be purchased until Thursday at 11 p.m.

Remaining tickets go on sale to the general public Friday at noon for $30 each.

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson has been a staple of mainstream rap since his 2003 debut, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," featuring hit singles "In Da Club" and "21 Questions." Though his G-Unit crew has changed lineups over the years, Fiddy's still going strong with Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks, reuniting last year and releasing a new EP earlier this month.

I thought Kendall Moore to C was an April fools joke... Looks like it is legit though, isn't he a little tall for center?

I thought Kendall Moore to C was an April fools joke... Looks like it is legit though, isn't he a little tall for center?
He should have been a Stormtrooper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom