Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
ACC News

UM Recruit Desecrates FSU Logo at Doak Campbell (foxsports.com; Mitrosilis)

What did mom and dad always say about being a guest in somebody's house?

Probably some version of "mind your manners and respect the place."

I'm guessing Al Blades Jr. didn't get that message when it came to visiting the home of Florida State.

Blades Jr., the son of late Miami Hurricanes great Al Blades, is a defensive back recruit in the Class of 2018.

He's already committed to the Canes but still took a visit to Tallahassee last weekend for the spring game. What did Blades Jr. do in Doak Campbell Stadium? Oh, you know ...

Linkage

ESPN Ranks ACC OOC Schedules For Next 5 Years, Syracuse #8 (espn; Hale)

The College Football Playoff committee sent a pretty clear message last season that scheduling was a crucial factor in how teams were evaluated -- with Florida State slipping down the rankings despite an undefeated record, and the Big 12 left out of the playoff altogether. With that in mind, ESPN Stats & Info put together its rankings for each Power 5 school’s nonconference strength of schedule for the next five years, and there are a few big takeaways for the ACC.

i

Other

graphics.jpg

Syracuse Chiefs Look to Improve on League Worst Attendance in 2015 (DO; Mattingly)

Dave Smolnycki does it for the game of baseball. When he takes his seat in Section 204, Row 8 on Thursday he’ll be in attendance for the 45th-consecutive Syracuse Chiefs home opener.

“I know nowadays, you need all the fancy stuff with the entertainment, but to me, it’s always been the game itself,” he said.

But the number of fans like Smolnycki is steadily decreasing.

Minor league baseball teams are having to rely on entertainment and promotions to bring fans out to the ballpark. As the Chiefs are set to have their home opener at NBT Bank Stadium on Thursday, the club will look to rebound from a season in which it placed last in the International League in attendance. But now second-year general manager Jason Smorol is confident that there’s a turnaround coming up.

Smorol came to the Chiefs — the Triple-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals — with more than a decade’s worth of minor league baseball experience. When he took over in October 2013, Smorol had the mentality of being all about the fans and being “more minor league-y.”

How in the world do kids in college get the first step wrong half the time? do most HS teams not even bother which foot kids start with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom