Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
national_lobster_day.jpg

Welcome to National Lobster Day!

SU News

B_59-0wWAAAZaJ_.jpg

Scoop! Tampa DB Scoop Bradshaw Commits to Join Buddy Rex Culpepper at SU (PS; Bailey)

Scoop Bradshaw's path to Syracuse was pretty clear after taking an unofficial visit earlier in the week.
On Saturday morning, Bradshaw said he was
highly considering the Orange heading into a conversation with Plant (Tampa, Fla.) High School head coach Robert Weiner.
Just a few hours later, he made his decision official.
"I talked to my family and Coach Weiner," Bradshaw said. "Everything went great and I think that's the best place for me right now to go and have my education there."
The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Bradshaw was also offered scholarships from Utah, Indiana, South Florida, Western Michigan, Florida Atlantic and Toledo, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.. He is rated two stars by and unrated by the rest of the major recruiting services.
Bradshaw said earlier on Saturday that he's received strong interest from Georgia Tech and Kentucky and believes both schools could offer if he visited.

eric-burrell-2png-f21c5bce99991f5e.png

4-Star Maryland DB Eric Burrell Says SU Has ' Really Good Chance After Visit (PS; Bailey)

When Eric Burrell arrived at Syracuse on Saturday for an unofficial visit, sandwiched between trips to Boston College and Rutgers, the McDonogh (Owings Mills, Md.) School junior defensive back didn't know very much about the school.
He knew that the Orange had offered him a scholarship a little over a month ago, and he knew that a couple of his non-football-playing friends who attend Syracuse currently value the education and experience.
He didn't, however, think SU would be a serious contender in his recruitment. But that changed after his visit.
"I didn't really expect anything because I haven't been up there," Burrell said, "but it turns out I really liked it.
"... They have a really good chance."

The 5-foot-11, 170-pound Burrell is rated four stars and the No. 18 safety in the 2016 cycle by 247Sports.com. His offer sheet also includes Arizona, Duke, Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska, along with 12 other schools, according to 247Sports.com.

2167128_fb8efdf353f745f4935a16fd1e6bfd1b.jpg

Top SU TE Target Sean McKeon Closing In on Decision (PS; Bailey)

Sean McKeon is making the most of his time in Ann Arbor, Mich. After enjoying his unofficial visit at Michigan on Saturday, he's hanging around to camp on Monday.
The Shepherd Hill (Dudley, Mass.) Regional High School is doing his due diligence with the recruiting process. He's visited four of the five schools he continues to call his favorites — Syracuse, Michigan, Boston College, Pittsburgh and Virginia — and traveled to SU twice
within a span of eight days a few weeks ago. He's also been to Pitt and BC.
After the UM camp, though, McKeon said a decision is likely the next step.
"I think a decision will be coming soon," he said via text message on Sunday afternoon.
The 6-foot-5, 230-pound McKeon is rated three stars by 247Sports.com's composite rankings and the 64th-best tight end in the country. He holds 19 total scholarship offers, most recently adding Virginia Tech on Saturday.
McKeon said in a previous interview that he
values a strong relationship with the coaching staff and high quality of academics, among other factors.

Last edited:
Tomcat--Really like your inclusion of "National _______ Day". Along with the rest of your reports, of course! I'm sure OE is happy with his successor.