Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - for Football | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday for Football

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Zones6-9.gif

Pecan Trees Grow in Zones 6-9
2314018098_a02b02d073.jpg

Welcome to National Pecan Cookie Day!

Today is National Pecan Cookie Day! Bake a delicious batch of homemade pecan cookies to celebrate.

Pecans, a tree nut in the same family as the walnut, are an excellent source of protein, unsaturated fats, and healthy antioxidants that help reduce cholesterol. There are more than 1,000 varieties of pecan in the world.

Whether you prefer butter pecan, caramel pecan, orange pecan, or maple pecan cookies, enjoy a delicious treat today in honor of National Pecan Cookie Day!

SU News

Scouting Report on Syracuse (neworleansadvocate.com; Mickles)

TV: ESPN

Radio: WDGL-FM, 98.1; WWL-AM, 870; WWL-FM, 105.3; KLWB-FM, 103.7

Series: Tied 1-1

Last meeting: Syracuse 23, LSU 10 (Jan. 2, 1989)

Record: 3-0

Best win: Defeated Wake Forest 30-17 (Sept. 19)

Offensive leaders: QB Eric Dungey, RB Jordan Fredericks, WR Steve Ishmael

Defensive leaders: LB Zaire Franklin, LB Parris Bennett, DE Luke Arciniega

Rumblings: Despite getting a scare from Western Michigan in a 30-27 overtime win Saturday, Syracuse is 3-0 for the first time since 1991.

On offense, briefly

Syracuse may be down to its third quarterback with starter Terrel Hunt out for the season and backup Dungey leaving Saturday’s game after a helmet-to-helmet hit.

On defense, briefly

The Orange has allowed just 140 rushing yards and 1.5 yards per attempt in the first three games. They’ll face their first real test in LSU star Leonard Fournette.

18801372-mmmain.jpg

Syracuse Down to Third String QB? What the Syracuse Media Are Saying (nola.con; Kleinpeter)

Syracuse might be without quarterback Eric Dungey when the Orangemen play host to LSU Saturday at 11 a.m. CT.

Dungey, who took over the job when senior starter Terrel Hunt was lost for the season with a torn Achilles tendon in the season opener, suffered what might be a concussion after a helmet-to-helmet hit against Central Michigan Saturday.

Syracuse.com's Nate Mink takes a look at the concussion policy.

Syracuse is 3-0 for the first time in 24 years but the real season starts with LSU, writes Bud Poliquin.

Stephen Bailey of Syracuse.com wonders how big an underdog Syracuse will be.

eric-burrell-2png-f21c5bce99991f5e.png

4 Star Safety Eric Burrell Includes Orange in His Top Five (PS; Bailey)

One of Syracuse's top safety targets put out his top 5 on Sunday night, and the Orange was included.

McDonogh (Owings Mills, Md.) School safety Eric Burrell named SU, Nebraska, Duke, Wisconsin and Boston College to his list of finalists on Twitter.

Syracuse One of Nine P5 Programs That Are Undefeated and Unranked (jacksonville.com; Smits)

Strike out

There are nine Power Conference teams that are 3-0 and still unranked. Florida and Miami are among them. The rest are Syracuse, N.C. State, Kansas State, Texas Tech, Indiana, Iowa and Cal.

Could be

LSU running back Leonard Fournette is the flavor of the week in the Heisman race after gaining 228 yards and scoring three touchdowns in a 45-21 rout of Auburn. But what about Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield, who completed 32-of-38 passes for 487 yards and four touchdown passes against Tulsa?

Other

medicine3.jpg

Poll: Should Syracuse Move Forward Creating a Veteran-Focused College of Medicine? (DO)

Last week, Syracuse University announced the formation of a 21-member faculty advisory committee to examine the feasibility of creating a veteran-focused medical school at SU.

The school would be the first of its kind in the United States and allow 40-to-60 undergraduates to go to the school tuition-free on a commitment that they will care for veterans in VA hospitals across the nation upon graduation.

Now does anyone really believe Carlson found five "friends" to tailgate with???
I am surprised he didn't include his gas & mileage in his cost total.

I thought it was a good article and pointed out some of the same stuff y'all point out as deficiencies.

Actually I really did too. I'm just not a big Carlson fan and saw the opportunity to take a shot at him :)

I thought it was a good article and pointed out some of the same stuff y'all point out as deficiencies.
Actually, I liked it too. It was a good idea (to write it) and mostly fair. I was just poking at his cost estimate a bit.