For those of you obsessed with attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those of you obsessed with attendance

This is the perception our attendance is up against
49CDB107-66D3-49A2-96DE-2253A842B51A.jpeg

This is the perception our attendance is up against
View attachment 219167
They do a season record prediction everyday this week and start off at 3-9 as the low end and end at 8-4 at the high end. Each record from 3-9 to 8-4 is done by a different TNIAAM writer each day. The writers predict each game why Cuse will win or lose until they arrive at the 6 different records. I'm hoping one of the writers at the 6, 7 and 8 win marks is the correct one.

the secrecy around the program is likely starting to hinder things…

If we can get 25k in the dome for the game we will be lucky.

The Ticketmaster map is scary and you know they are holding tickets back. In fact, I saw a few new ones pop up in my section today.
It's not secrecy that's hindering things...it's a 20 year track record of mostly subpar football having been played. The average fan has zero reason to think this year will be any different, and fan fests, open access, anything Dino says won't change it.

It's not secrecy that's hindering things...it's a 20 year track record of mostly subpar football having been played. The average fan has zero reason to think this year will be any different, and fan fests, open access, anything Dino says won't change it.
Sucking donkey nutz doesn’t help but the program doesn’t do itself any favors. We should be selling the hell out of the program and players. Would really help with NIL too, program should be all over this and it isn’t

They do a season record prediction everyday this week and start off at 3-9 as the low end and end at 8-4 at the high end. Each record from 3-9 to 8-4 is done by a different TNIAAM writer each day. The writers predict each game why Cuse will win or lose until they arrive at the 6 different records. I'm hoping one of the writers at the 6, 7 and 8 win marks is the correct one.
Yes iv read nunes for over a decade I am fully aware, , the fact that that’s the just randomly pops up on my news feed and read through the comments. Read the comments on a Syracuse.com article it’s brutal.

One winning season in the last 8.

If I wasn't an alum and long time season ticket holder, I'd be watching Dropkick Murphys at the Fair.

Win games and people will notice. There hasn't been anything to see here in a while.
Definitely need to connect more with the community but generating excitement is not going to add more die hard fans. Thats whip cream on poop. Putting a better product on the field and winning games will.

Only hope is this team can beat Louisville and UConn then return home with a 2-0 record to face Purdue with 40,000+.

A opening night loss to Louisville will be devastating for this program in terms of attendance.

It's gonna take more than that.

Beat Purdue, and mayyyyyyybe you get to 40k for the Friday night UVA game.

Then don’t click on it?????? Really quite simple
It’s existence is an affront to my preseason halo of good vibes, but if others need to feel disappointed it’s ok. I hate to ruin the mood

Maybe they should have built a stadium at the fair and we could have played the opening game there every year

Like the red river rivalry. That would have been cool
Well they did have a 17,000 seat open air stadium there before Andy decided to tear it down.

Wish there was some middle ground where they could’ve built temporary seating to complement the grandstand for opening weekend - maybe get it into the 30-35,000k range… would very likely sell out.

Or….. or…. Crazy idea….

Don’t schedule an effin home game Labor Day weekend, John!

I’m worried about the Becks being disappointed as well.

Attendance is definitely an if you build it they will come situation. It ain’t built yet so I’m expecting poor attendance for home opener.

Doesn’t help that it’s 8pm Saturday of Labor Day weekend, regardless of the opponent. Hard to blame anyone for not going.

Oh, I disagree! I was at the 2003 game against Florida State on a Saturday night. I have never seen the Dome so fired up as it was that night!

It was a cheerful ride up on the train with all the Florida State fans who had taken over the Marriott downtown on Fayette St. But as the game wore on and the crowd got drunker and drunker, it was almost a dangerous menacing feel, like we were going to will the Orange to victory - and it damn near happened.

The only times I remember such fierce home crowds was back for the Syracuse Blazers when they were at the pinnacle of minor league hockey around 1970 or so, and some of those basketball games at Manley. Those were different times.

Mike Hopkins once commented on that part of Syracuse fans, saying, "Oh yeah, if you come here, we will KICK YOUR ASS." That intimidation factor isn't only created by having great athletes on the field. Sometimes that extra motivation and energy is created by the fans, and gives strength to the young men on the field.

Yes iv read nunes for over a decade I am fully aware, , the fact that that’s the just randomly pops up on my news feed and read through the comments. Read the comments on a Syracuse.com article it’s brutal.
That's unfortunate that popped up in your newsfeed. Maybe 8-4 will pop up too! FWIW, Syracuse.com stopped (thankfully) it's comments section after articles a long time ago, it's been at least several years. The comments were toxic about everything, politics, local news, sports, etc. et al. I used to read the comments and it was worse than Twitter. They decided people can't be civil and just dropped the comments altogether. A good decision I believe.

A fanbase that doesn't show up simply to see Sean Tucker is a lazy, feckless, not-football-savvy disappointment. And it gets what it deserves.

SU doesn't sell at the Fair, walks up have some potential but hard to get a great feel either way until we know the weather/temp etc. Corporate buys are completed, there not moving the needle one way or the other.
Walk up might be reasonable. The end of the pandemic entrance procedures will help.

Well they did have a 17,000 seat open air stadium there before Andy decided to tear it down.

Wish there was some middle ground where they could’ve built temporary seating to complement the grandstand for opening weekend - maybe get it into the 30-35,000k range… would very likely sell out.

Or….. or…. Crazy idea….

Don’t schedule an effin home game Labor Day weekend, John!

I’m worried about the Becks being disappointed as well.
Um. . .the league schedule is set by the ACC office, not the SU AD.

Sucking donkey nutz doesn’t help but the program doesn’t do itself any favors. We should be selling the hell out of the program and players. Would really help with NIL too, program should be all over this and it isn’t
Right? Last year’s team was a few plays away from winning 7-8 games. Most of the games were close and exciting. Most of the team is back. This should be pumped out there - that it’s a team ready to break out.

If our storied history isn’t relevant enough, then neither are the Robinson or Shafer years. Casuals don’t even remember their names I bet. Young people and students don’t know or care either.

Keep in mind that available seats on Ticketmaster are not all unsold seats. Unless you filter out the Verified Resale seats you are looking at seats STHers may be listing on spec. If they don’t sell the ticket holder can either eat the ticket, lower the price, give it away, or decide to pull it off the marketplace and go to the game.

This is also why many seats “pop up” as available. There are some seats held back for various reasons that might be released after sales begin but that number is extremely small and mostly in premium sections

Listened to AP top 25s preseason podcast last night and the host+David Hale were saying they think Syracuse is becoming one of, if not THE, toughest job in Power 5.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom