For those who don't follow lacrosse. . . | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

For those who don't follow lacrosse. . .

Just as an FYI to the Big 10 wanting New York. This year the Big 10 has advertisements all over Yankee Stadium as well.
So does the ACC and SU.

TexanMark said:
This is where I beat the UConn to the ACC drum. College Hoops would tip ACC in the NE. CFB...not so much but it can't hurt.

UConn would quickly start to steal football recruits from SU and BC in the ACC.

But isn't that a big reason why so many want to keep UConn where they are?

This is where I beat the UConn to the ACC drum. College Hoops would tip ACC in the NE. CFB...not so much but it can't hurt.

I think we're in the minority, but I agree with you on this.

I don't think so...will they get a few? Of course, but UConn didn't ever beat us out for many recruits even during GRobs time...Edsall was just a superior talent finder and developer.

We all like lacrosse, but talking about it in a serious way isn't really serious.

Some of the other sites out there talk about all this like a game or Risk. You can make the equal unsubstantiated case that UMD and RU were done to keep PSU happy. End of the day it doesn't really matter for us anymore. :noidea:

I love the Risk analogy. The B1G being in MD and NJ isn't quite like having Yakutsk surrounded with only only an "I" defending.

I love the Risk analogy. The B1G being in MD and NJ isn't quite like having Yakutsk surrounded with only only an "I" defending.
I look at conference realignment from a military strategist mindset and taking MD/NJ was a crucial move. It essentially is trying to cut off BC and us from the rest of the ACC. The only saving grace is SU Brand with Notre Dame is still strong in NYC in Hoops.

I look at conference realignment from a military strategist mindset and taking MD/NJ was a crucial move. It essentially is trying to cut off BC and us from the rest of the ACC. The only saving grace is SU Brand with Notre Dame is still strong in NYC in Hoops.

Conference commissioners are not military strategists.

They're making most of this up as they go along.

:)

That's why I do.

I think having more mouths to feed in an area with less overall talent is a bad idea. Even if we generally recruit better than them, there's enough dilution to make a difference.

I close my thesis with this. The 1990s. It's a lot easier to build a talented team when you compete with a lot less schools for said talent.

TexanMark said:
I don't think so...will they get a few? Of course, but UConn didn't ever beat us out for many recruits even during GRobs time...Edsall was just a superior talent finder and developer.

UConn had two draft picks, including one first rounder, this year that were Coach P recruits.

We had nada.

Chip said:
That's why I do. I think having more mouths to feed in an area with less overall talent is a bad idea. Even if we generally recruit better than them, there's enough dilution to make a difference. I close my thesis with this. The 1990s. It's a lot easier to build a talented team when you compete with a lot less schools for said talent.

Totally agree but I just get the feeling that UConn is eventually going to worm their way into a P5 conference, so it might as well be the ACC.

UConn hoops isn't taking a hit anytime soon from playing in the AAC.

I agree. The ACC has limited presence in DC and NYC, and none in Philly. That's a big gap between UVa and BC, and the B1G rushed right into the breach.

UConn had two draft picks, including one first rounder, this year that were Coach P recruits.

We had nada.

UConn's two draft picks were 5th year players Class of 2010. They were both Edsall's recruits

https://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Byron-Jones-100385
!st Round Pick Byron Jones was a classic in state sleeper 2 star recruit

https://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/player-Geremy-Davis-95458 6th Round Pick It looked like UConn was his best offer.

Edsall looks to be a very good talent finder.

So does the ACC and SU.
But the Big 10 hadn't before this year and jumped in with both feet and have more advertisements than the ACC around the ballpark this year. That was my only point

C'mon. The south is guilty of the same - they just wrap it up in "hospitality"...

I live in the South and you really have no clue. I grew up in CNY and have lived in both worlds ... Tampa isn't too far removed from being truthful, most of the snobs I meet here are actually originally from the Northeast

wfschrec said:
I live in the South and you really have no clue. I grew up in CNY and have lived in both worlds ... Tampa isn't too far removed from being truthful, most of the snobs I meet here are actually originally from the Northeast

I spent some time in Atlanta and Tampa and Tennessee. Almost all generalities are just that - broad strokes that are divisive, in some ways true and in some ways not.

Take the Clemson fan for example - some come here and are super nice and are legit kind people. Some post here are wish us luck only to post horrible things on their forum.

We have the same dichotomy here, just more openly abrasive. We also get painted with the NYC brush - and in some ways parts of upstate NY have more in common with the south than Manhattan.

I spent some time in Atlanta and Tampa and Tennessee. Almost all generalities are just that - broad strokes that are divisive, in some ways true and in some ways not.

Take the Clemson fan for example - some come here and are super nice and are legit kind people. Some post here are wish us luck only to post horrible things on their forum.

We have the same dichotomy here, just more openly abrasive. We also get painted with the NYC brush - and in some ways parts of upstate NY have more in common with the south than Manhattan.

I have lived here 6 years in 3 different parts of the state of GA and do business in Va, DC, MD, NC, SC, TN, FL, AL, KY and ARK. I think I have a pretty good feel of the types I encounter here. Again most unsavory people that I encounter are native Northeasterners ... in truth I run into less and less native southerners because of the mass migration here.

wfschrec said:
I have lived here 6 years in 3 different parts of the state of GA and do business in Va, DC, MD, NC, SC, TN, FL, AL, KY and ARK. I think I have a pretty good feel of the types I encounter here. Again most unsavory people that I encounter are native Northeasterners ... in truth I run into less and less native southerners because of the mass migration here.

Making it all kind of moot ;).

TheCusian said:
Making it all kind of moot ;).

In my field we call that "selection bias".

;)

That's why adding ND and Cincy is the answer. Advance on Ohio from the south supported with a pincer movement from Northern Indiana and Western PA. Then the B1G will be left with some random incoherent possessions, but no continent.

My first ever post, (September, 1999) was about how SU should be in the Big Ten.