Former Players, Staff Reveal Troubling Allegations of Toxic Culture Under P.J. Fleck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Former Players, Staff Reveal Troubling Allegations of Toxic Culture Under P.J. Fleck

Yeah, I should have read the article first. It comes off as the Bernie Fine to Jerry Sandusky. Now reporters are fishing.

The school might have an issue with the Fleck Bank letting you off the hook for a positive drug test. But that stuff is internal. Having players rat on other players to earn points is a weird culture, but again, internal.

The article basically says that Fleck is an incredible douchebag (I need a bigger applause when I enter the room???), but this isn't Fitzgerald level stuff.
As we’ve seen in the past, it’s internal unless it violates a policy they put in place. Then it becomes a violation…

WTeff is wrong with these coaches? Do they think no one will ever come forward?

They really do have heads made of meat.
Agreed. Things come out eventually, right?

You think Minnesota hires a lifelong DB coach to be the head guy?
He’s Minnesohtan.

He’s not associated with the boat’s previous crap. Could be an interim DC or more….

Yeah, I should have read the article first. It comes off as the Bernie Fine to Jerry Sandusky. Now reporters are fishing.

The school might have an issue with the Fleck Bank letting you off the hook for a positive drug test. But that stuff is internal. Having players rat on other players to earn points is a weird culture, but again, internal.

The article basically says that Fleck is an incredible douchebag (I need a bigger applause when I enter the room???), but this isn't Fitzgerald level stuff.

I qualify this by pointing out that I find Fleck and his on-field antics to be insufferably douche-baggy. And I live in Minneapolis, so I see this clown on an ongoing basis, not just as a one-off for last year's bowl.

But I'm inclined to agree. Seems like fishing to try to drum up a follow-up story to Northwestern.

WTeff is wrong with these coaches? Do they think no one will ever come forward?

They really do have heads made of meat.
Fitzgerald was supposed to be one of the smart ones according to football guy

As someone who lives in the Twin Cities, this is an old story being retold again due to the Northwestern scandal. Just a couple of former players who transferred out that didn't like the way they were treated or how things ended for them. Every D1 program has guys that would bad mouth their former coaches when things go poorly for them if reporters tracked them down for dirt. This story completely disappeared from the local news in 2 days as not a big deal.

Over the last month, Front Office Sports interviewed several former players and staff members about Fleck’s six seasons as the Gophers’ head coach. They described an environment fraught with intimidation and toxicity and referenced the “Fleck Bank” — a system that allowed players with enough “coins” to get away with positive drug tests, and other violations of team rules.
How many Fleck coins did it take to check into the Continental

“Mark Coyle gives his cell phone number to every single football player in our program”

Football player calls Coyle:

“Ring.. Ring… You have reached AMC Theatre, for today’s showings of Barbie, please press 1”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom