Former Syracuse Coaches... | Syracusefan.com

Former Syracuse Coaches...

Cusefan69

All American
Talk about and compare them to your insanely Orange hearts content in this one thread...this is being provided for those who feel it's necessary to compare Marrone with FHCSS, with Coach P or Gerg and what they did or did not do on off/def after EVERY game we play til peoples eyes bleed reading the same things over and over to get to the other parts of the thread we want to read...carry on...go Cuse!

Not going to discuss coaching or recruiting skills, but this guy will always be my fav...

90187_1.jpg

Mac. And there is no Silver medal.

It was a guy that could me a leader and hire great underneath. He's got a coaching tree...which includes P, who be right after Marrone as the next one.

Mac. And there is no Silver medal.

It was a guy that could me a leader and hire great underneath. He's got a coaching tree...which includes P, who be right after Marrone as the next one.

Coach P would get the silver, I miss the guy big time.

Coach P would get the silver, I miss the guy big time.
He really had it going for a ten year stretch. Too bad the recruiting got dicey at the end. It felt good to be the king of Eastern Football.

It took Coach Mac five years to get to the Cherry Bowl.

And it was Coach DeLeone's offense that finally allowed Donnie McPherson to blossom that year. The Pro-Option truly changed the trajectory of the Program.

Coach Mac is a unique personality - he created tremendous emotional capital. He was a terrific addition to the Program.

The gold medal, of course, goes to Ben Schwartzwalder, the greatest coach in Syracuse University Football history. On the surface he ran a simple system, but in reality he was very sophisticated with the unbalanced line, complicated OL blocking patterns and the "jitter bug" defenses that were the greatest in SU history.

Last edited:
My vote goes to Biggie Munn, mainly for the marvelous name. But, anyone who wins just four games in his first season and then gets hired to a higher profile job must be special.

2f0802eae886f25721b18ea03277d94b.jpg

Schwartzwalder...the undisputed "greatest", but Mac is my favorite Syracuse head coach.

"Yagotta love em"

Both are in the college football coaches hall of fame.

Last edited: