Fox Sports is gonna effect the landscape in a huge way | Syracusefan.com

Fox Sports is gonna effect the landscape in a huge way

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
Don't know who or how many of you know this, but Fox Sports is launching not one, but TWO national sports channels by August 2013: Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2

They anticipate having their own "SportsCenter" as well as sport-specific studio shows a la "NFL Primetime" and intend on acquiring content (see: LIVE GAMES) like its nobody's business.

This is why the "Catholic 7" may get a sweet deal and why there may just be room for 5 "Super Conferences" instead of the 4 many have been predicting.

IMO, Fox Sports is gonna end up being the saving grace for UCONN which is ironic when you consider that UCONN is in ESPN's backyard.

Don't know who or how many of you know this, but Fox Sports is launching not one, but TWO national sports channels by August 2013: Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2

They anticipate having their own "SportsCenter" as well as sport-specific studio shows a la "NFL Primetime" and intend on acquiring content (see: LIVE GAMES) like its nobody's business.

This is why the "Catholic 7" may get a sweet deal and why there may just be room for 5 "Super Conferences" instead of the 4 many have been predicting.

IMO, Fox Sports is gonna end up being the saving grace for UCONN which is ironic when you consider that UCONN is in ESPN's backyard.

They're rebranding the former Fox Soccer channels. They are not getting any new channels. They also lack carriage.

The CYO league would be perfect for the right-leaning Fox Sports.

NBC sports trying to add as much content as possible too. As Czar said, not the same impact but the more media players that are involved the more room there is at the table for everybody.

NBC sports trying to add as much content as possible too. As Czar said, not the same impact but the more media players that are involved the more room there is at the table for everybody.

Not to mention Fox doesn't really have a lot of volume in its Sports offerings. It has a limited number of MLB games that are on the mother station anyways, it has limited NFL games, it has limited B1G and Pac-12 games as well. NBC seems to be going to right route, it's adding depth sports like EPL soccer and F1 racing, along with a blue chip in having rights to all NHL games.

i know epl right on nbc now, so assuming fox will just have champions league / europa and WC in 14

i know epl right on nbc now, so assuming fox will just have champions league / europa and WC in 14
This.

I love that NBC got the bid though. If their EPL coverage is as good as they've done with MLS ill be a happy man

True love their mls coverage... Sad espn lost their game tho I think like Ian drake and Steve m

True but wondering if NBC prob grab all the English feeds and darke won't leave espn before World Cup

I always wondered why people brought up "olympic content" when discussing conference realignment. Out of all the sports available, the only real draws with even moderate interest would be baseball and lacrosse. Even then, I doubt interest would be high enough to move the meter.

I mean, how many people out there really want to watch Men's Volleyball or Field Hockey?

ACC is definitely in Team ESPN

Hopefully this means better game placements

Clearing up some things...

Fox does not have the 2014 World Cup. That is ESPN, and it's their last one.

Ian Darke is up on contract after this season, he's going to go to NBC.