Foxcatcher | Syracusefan.com

Foxcatcher

moqui

generational talent
saw it last night . . . hard for me to recommend because I thought the pace was too slow. it did build tension and menace, but it seemed to drag unnecessarily at several points.

that said, the performances were brilliant. Steve Carrel played way against type and was menacing and creepy. Channing Tatum continues to show that he is much more than a pretty face and a set of abs, and Mark Ruffalo put in the finest performance of his career, IMO. He deserves an Academy Award nomination, but the field is getting full already for best supporting actor and there might not be enough slots.

The physicality of the performances were amazing. You expect it from Tatum, who is such a good dancer to begin with and brings that grace to this role with great effect. But Carrel and especially Ruffalo were revelations, IMO, in their ability to physically embody such different characters than they have ever played before.

It is a crazy story. I remember the day Schultz was killed. In the wrestling community, it was a sad day.

Very fair assessment, saw it Friday. The performances and direction were impressive, but the whole thing is so bleak, and relentlessly so. Well done movie, but not one of my favorites of the year.

I saw it last weekend. It was okay - I would agree that the pacing is very slow, but the performances are tremendous.

Watching Channing Tatum walk in the film is odd - such a bizarre strut. I assume he was trying to copy the real person.

I think the surviving brother initially bashed it, but did a 180...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom