Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

People keep referencing Prime - personally I feel he was a far greater gamble than Fran Brown. He literally coached at only the HS level and then 2 years at a FCS before making the jump to a struggling P5 program.

I won't discount what he accomplished - landing the #1 overall recruit in the country at a FCS is unreal. Huge props to him for managing that. But it's looking more like he's in over his head at Colorado. We'll see. Next year will be really telling.
He's a smart man. He'll figure it out and maybe after another "meh" season, he'll be a little more humble and his team will be playing well.

I see the Deion comparison going on but the difference to me at least is that Deion is a name…a big name, while brown Robinson and Williams are established guys, and you can already see the connections they build. I think it’s all good, I hope I’m right. 450ft home run good
Brown is the complete opposite of Deion.
Deion is all about Deion. Total BS artist.

2024 Football Recruiter Rankings

So, we currently hsve 3 of the top 25 recruiters (once they get around to updating NW's status). Will these guys retain "credit" for players that they brought to their old school AND also get points for whoever they turn to SU?

I couldn't find how the rankings are calculated, but it appears that # of commits and average ratings somehow produce points. If they can claim two schools of commits this year, their points totals may blow away the rest of the board, even if the players they steer here are rated a little lower than those they got at Ga, aTm, & CO.

Yepp. And his line at BC was top 10. #1 in the ACC.

was he the OLine coach or head coach at BC? There’s a difference.

At TAMU he presumably had better players, at least thats the narrative. It’s the pass blocking - hits on QB - and sacks that worry me about TAMU. BC was a power run team.

Addazios OLine at TAMU was terrible.

Addazio's O Lines at Florida (6 seasons) and BC (7 seasons) were better than anything we've had since DeLeone, even better than Marrone's best teams. His recruiting contacts aren't out west. He is a legendary coach in some parts of the northeast.

Dazzler is known as a very good OL coach. I bet if he comes to Syracuse his lines do better than anything we have had since Doug's days including our miracle season.

that’s well and good but what are the reasons for TAMU?

Dazzler is known as a very good OL coach. I bet if he comes to Syracuse his lines do better than anything we have had since Doug's days including our miracle season.

People forget but Dazzler was also an OL coach for Florida for 6 years, and his BC teams kicked our butts in the trenches, year after year. He got good northeast recruits and built consistently outstanding lines. Fundamentally sound, reminded me a lot of the old DeLeone teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom