Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Are any of these names here confirmed? Or is this all just more wishful thinking?

I’d leave PBrown at running backs. Nixon can just be OC. Not a fan of having a guy coach a position he’s never coached with all these new hires and first timers.

Steelers O assistant Glenn Thomas has been mentioned a few times he makes the most sense logistically as he also coaches QBs.

I get this feeling to that Mike Johnson might be retained as wide receivers coach.
Yeah Mike Johnson would make sense.

Yeah I don’t agree. It’s highly unlikely Fran stays for a long time. Coaches in general don’t stay for a long time nationally. I’m not crapping on SU at all but bigger payroll schools will come calling and he’ll be gone. We always try to convince ourselves on this board whether it’s recruits or coaches, that they’ll want to come here instead of almost doubling their pay. Coaches are constantly on the move. I’ll be more than happy to eat crow if he’s still here in 5 years I’m just being realistic. It would be a unicorn sighting if he was still here by then.
John’s job is to hire great coaches. If he does it well, other schools will try and hire them away.

I hope we have this problem. It is a great sign our sports are on the rise.

John’s job is to hire great coaches. If he does it well, other schools will try and hire them away.

I hope we have this problem. It is a great sign our sports are on the rise.

I agree. Not crapping on this at all. Just pointing out reality. We’ve potentially got a great collection of recruiters coming in that would be hard to emulate in the future if it all comes together.

Thank you. And my wife thanks you, as I am supposed to be putting lights on a tree and not reading several hundred back pages of SyracuseFan.
My wife told me last week that if she needs something from me she is going to get an account here and send me messages via posts. “David, can you grab some lettuce at the store. Oh, hi everyone, go Syracuse!”

My wife told me last week that if she needs something from me she is going to get an account here and send me messages via posts. “David, can you grab some lettuce at the store. Oh, hi everyone, go Syracuse!”
Ha! My wife actually has an account here. But she’s never used it. I’m not going to tell her your wife’s idea.

Last edited:
I agree. Not crapping on this at all. Just pointing out reality. We’ve potentially got a great collection of recruiters coming in that would be hard to emulate in the future if it all comes together.
Yup, Dabo did this when he took over. Rode it for a while but backfilling became harder and harder (apparently) but boy did they strike iron going from middle of the road to elite for a decade, sliding back down to great.

Not saying we will duplicate that, but you can catch lightening in a bottle.

The ex post narrative is Clemson did everything they did because of their resources when the reality they accomplished most of their goals (including Champ #1) before the infusion of money and facilities. The winning is what facilitated the support and cash infusion and we can absolutely replicated that

Okay. Thinking if we get to the point where we are in the top half of the ACC and have gone to 3 or 4 bowl games in a row, recruiting starts getting easier. Don’t need a top 10 recruiter to get good players then.

Sustaining is far easier than the initial turnaround.

Last edited:
Came across this Ped State podcast. “Syracuse will fail” is their take. Interesting that they are at least worried a little. Gosh I hate Penn State.

Pedo State Podcast (Click Here)
From a Penn State viewpoint, Syracuse has failed for decades. We beat them about a quarter of the time.

It's no different than anything else. Assess and recognize strengths and weaknesses. Play to strengths and work on the weaknesses. It will always change as you go but you have to learn to assess it often. If you have someone that realize what is deficient as you go you always will have a chance. I am excited to see how this plays out and I think it's what SU needed. Some of these coaches lack experience but that is ok as long as they can self-reflect and adapt.

Fran is bringing energy and excitement to the Cuse. I'm here for it!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom