Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

If we get E. Robinson everyone gets a Big Wheel:
1701589741034.jpeg

Keep an eye on Kamron Mikell both a WR and DB from Georgia. Verballed to Colorado very recently. A four star with 31 offers. Recruited by Nick Williams. Also recruited by Fran Brown.

Last edited:
Teammate of Kamron Mikell, Amontae Bradford had committed to Colorado a month ago. A three star DE with good offers. Nick Williams was lead recruiter.

Geez, I sure hope there are enough good coaches among these guys, and not just salesmen. Development is still going to be very important for us.

We have to make these guys better. It has to be more visible, and more linear progress from year to year.

Agree. We don’t want a staff full of flashy business development guys and no middle management. Addazio would be a home run on this staff to balance the scales.

If we were able to entice Robinson I'd do the following knowing he would probably be poached after one year

3 yrs $1.2, $1.3, $1.5 per

Buy out set at 3x, 2x, 1x

So if a big boy wants him, we are getting a cushion to fill his replacement.

Robinson is a guy who will get a HC opportunity in 3-4 years, if not sooner

If we were able to entice Robinson I'd do the following knowing he would probably be poached after one year

He might be our next HC if Fran does well and is poached in 2 years.

BuffZone confirmed through multiple sources that edge coach Nick Williams is leaving the program. According to a source, Williams is leaving the Buffs to join the staff at Syracuse.

The 33-year-old Williams joined Coach Prime's staff and quickly became one of the nation's best assistant coaches and recruiters. The Peach State native was instrumental in guiding the Buffs' defensive core this season. He was also the lead recruiter for many of the top recruits, who recently decommitted from the program.

Strength & Conditioning...

Mo Williams from Colorado

Also, Nick Williams as DC??... Maybe Robinson is off...

Colorado’s Director of Football Sports Performance - Maurice Sims - overlapped at Georgia with HCFB.

BuffZone confirmed through multiple sources that edge coach Nick Williams is leaving the program. According to a source, Williams is leaving the Buffs to join the staff at Syracuse.

The 33-year-old Williams joined Coach Prime's staff and quickly became one of the nation's best assistant coaches and recruiters. The Peach State native was instrumental in guiding the Buffs' defensive core this season. He was also the lead recruiter for many of the top recruits, who recently decommitted from the program.
To be a fly on the wall of all the conversations that are happening out of the public eye.

If your that close to a HC opportunity I’m not sure you need to jump from here to a bigger school as a coordinator.

HCFB could probably convince him an AAC job will open soon and he’ll get it.

I’m not sure I would completely write off Del Rio. May not work out at all but I would have never thought Devito would every be in the nfl let alone win games. Anything is possible.
We gave Devito the job out of camp and he lost to Rutgers. Also quit vs stick around and fight to get it back from Shrader who ended that season hurt.

Del Rio Wilson single handedly got Dino fired. I don’t think we have ever gotten a worse performance from a starter than his against BC and we have had some bad ones like Fields @ Purdue. Can’t come back from that it’s big boy football and he didn’t travel with the team to games.

3-4 way competition next year is fine. Davis if he stays might be a WR. I’d like to bring in Sluka from HC he doesn’t want to go back there and Chesney didn’t move up. Pretty sure he won’t make it though 12 games and is getting hurt early like Dungey and Shrader did every year though need some other options.

Del Rio Wilson single handedly got Dino fired. I don’t think we have ever gotten a worse performance from a starter than his against BC and we have had some bad ones like Fields @ Purdue. Can’t come back from that it’s big boy football and he didn’t travel with the team to games.

To be fair, CDRW has been on the team since last year. The staff knew who he was and what he could/couldn’t do. They got themselves fired by not finding some depth or not improving CDRW (I thought he looked worse than last year). If they realized he couldn’t be a functional passer it was their fault for not implementing the offense earlier that we saw the last 3 games. If they had done that, it’s likely we’d be going into next year with the exact same staff or at least with DB as head coach. And I think that’s been something we saw the last 8 years, an inability to adapt in game and in season. Not every year, we’ve had some good coordinators but largely, overall, sticking with what’s clearly not working. So IMO, the staff got themselves fired and rightfully so.

We gave Devito the job out of camp and he lost to Rutgers. Also quit vs stick around and fight to get it back from Shrader who ended that season hurt.

3-4 way competition next year is fine. Davis if he stays might be a WR. I’d like to bring in Sluka from HC he doesn’t want to go back there and Chesney didn’t move up. Pretty sure he won’t make it though 12 games and is getting hurt early like Dungey and Shrader did every year though need some other options.
How did Devito lose the Rutgers game? He was playing well and Dino gave Shrader the second quarter and did nothing. And saving a year of eligibility got him to the Giants.

If your that close to a HC opportunity I’m not sure you need to jump from here to a bigger school as a coordinator.

HCFB could probably convince him an AAC job will open soon and he’ll get it.

Sounding like it may now be Williams for DC, not Robinson.

Big news. Cancelling that visit is huge.

Yes indeedy.

Gotta think this would be for DL coach for us. A lot of speculation on Colorado saying Williams is leaving for DC but he’s only been position coach for 1 year. He was analyst at A&M before (Erob connection). This would be homerun for southeast recruiter. He has about 4-5 pretty highly rated recruits out of Georgia committed to Colorado right now (bunch of DL and top 100 athlete) so those guys will be ones to monitor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom