Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Recruiting or no recruiting you can only have 10 asst coaches.
The bylaws are kind of strange. Was just reading through and kind of understand now the rules and limitations with assistant coaches vs analysts vs grad assistants etc.

Yes, but you can phrase it in a way where a guy like Devin Redd can go recruiting off campus instead, such as by naming Ligashesky an analyst.
Analysts can’t be involved with on field coaching.

I wonder if Coach Lig is going to be a coach that doesn't go off-campus for recruiting anymore. That is how I would do it tbh.
Fran will likely follow the Georgia model which means Lig will be listed as "special teams analyst." He will not be 1 of the 10 with the formal title of "assistant coach" which means he will not be on the road recruiting or directly "on the field" coaching." He will be implementing games plans. It's a very Smart move.

I'm guessing we will likely see a co-OC and, maybe, co-DC titles among the 10; passing game and run game coordinators.

ERob will likely be listed as "assistant head coach" - defensive line (instead of co-DC).

I’d start with letting go the 3 coaches he planned on keeping. That was a disgrace.
Oof...they really could not have been less prepared. I'm just glad we had no serious injuries.

Redd might not be an on field coach. Joe Schaefer was a ‘defensive assistant‘ at TAMU. Maybe Redd is aligned in the same capacity?

I’m also surprised that Schaefer is going from defensive assistant /analyst to on field coach. He’s 37. Everyone needs a start but seems we’re going cheap in some positions.

EliRob I assume is also coaching DTackles.
Schaefer was actually one of A&M’s 10 on field coaches this past season. It’s kind of weird that his title said defensive assistant only but he was specifically working with safeties and nickels apparently. Think it was a late promotion after Price left so that’s why never got an official title.

Hopefully Fran decides to go in a different direction for special teams. Too many bad plays on special teams this year, something needs to change.
Ligashesky has been so overrated. STs have not been good the whole time he's been here, and last night another stinker for STs. How often does a team give up a TD on a FG attempt? Jeez.

Yes, I'm still bitter about losing the bowl game last year due to STs.

I'm questioning the choices F Brown made about which coaches to hold over. Michael Johnson didn't cover himself in glory last night either as our next co-OC.

Yes, both of those guys were in the NFL. But there's a reason why they are no longer in the NFL.

I understand fully Nunzio thing

I almost can talk myself into Johnson

Lig, no idea what he sees in him

I'm drawing a blank. Did Fran actually confirm he was keeping Lig?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom