Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

Let’s see him win first.
The man has already done the impossible. He’s done what’s has been said can’t be done probably the most on this forum. Recruit to the Syracuse football program. How many times have we heard that’s it’s impossible and can’t be done? What he did in just a couple months was a minor miracle in itself. He looks like he will be able to handle job number 1, recruit the level of athlete for a chance to be successful in the ACC. He would have to be really really bad to match the in-game management of Babers, and he seems to place the responsibility of game planning in with his coordinators. I’m sure there will be a learning curve, but seeing the type of athlete he has been able to bring in over a span of a couple months is a good start in my book.

The man has already done the impossible. He’s done what’s has been said can’t be done probably the most on this forum. Recruit to the Syracuse football program. How many times have we heard that’s it’s impossible and can’t be done? What he did in just a couple months was a minor miracle in itself. He looks like he will be able to handle job number 1, recruit the level of athlete for a chance to be successful in the ACC. He would have to be really really bad to match the in-game management of Babers, and he seems to place the responsibility of game planning in with his coordinators. I’m sure there will be a learning curve, but seeing the type of athlete he has been able to bring in over a span of a couple months is a good start in my book.
Fran has done great.

But threads saying “We/Wildhack have to do everything possible to hang on to him” is premature, IMO.

Fran has done great.

But threads saying “We/Wildhack have to do everything possible to hang on to him” is premature, IMO.
Sure, I don’t think a HC has ever been extended before coaching his first game so I understand what you mean. I’m just pleasantly surprised that he’s done the impossible thus far, recruit football talent to Syracuse. I’m sure there will be some hiccups along the way, but at least we know we’ll be fielding one of the more talented teams in a few decades. That’s half the battle right there.

Fran has done great.

He hasn’t coached a game yet. This could be an abject disaster too. Not saying it will but we hired a guy no one knew. Big gamble that I love we took.

I think we win next year big and he becomes a hot commodity. If he leaves he leaves. I don’t believe any of the bluster of sticking around. Human nature will dictate his next moves.

He hasn’t coached a game yet. This could be an abject disaster too. Not saying it will but we hired a guy no one knew. Big gamble that I love we took.

I think we win next year big and he becomes a hot commodity. If he leaves he leaves. I don’t believe any of the bluster of sticking around. Human nature will dictate his next moves.
If he does leave it's a good thing as it means we have improved. I just hope the people who p--s on Marrone give Fran the same treatment.

I'm over the moon with the recruiting wins and vibes. That said, now we need to see results on the field. Recruiting is one thing, on the field is something else. I am not saying this will be an issue, but now the rubber meets the road. LGO!

The man has already done the impossible. He’s done what’s has been said can’t be done probably the most on this forum. Recruit to the Syracuse football program. How many times have we heard that’s it’s impossible and can’t be done? What he did in just a couple months was a minor miracle in itself. He looks like he will be able to handle job number 1, recruit the level of athlete for a chance to be successful in the ACC. He would have to be really really bad to match the in-game manent of Babers, and he seems to place the responsibility of game planning in with his coordinators. I’m sure there will be a learning curve, but seeing the type of athlete he has been able to bring in over a span of a couple months is a good start in my book.

Yeah, I mean in a matter of 1 month he boosted the class at rvls from in the 50's to #35. We haven't been that high over there since their inception. That goes back to 2002.

and the first recruit for this cycle is a 4* kid.

Yes, of course Fran will be a flight risk at some point. But honestly, Syracuse is a better choice for NJ / Philly / NYC talent than Temple or Rutgers, and the ACC provides an easier path to the College Playoffs than the Big 10 does, Florida State this year notwithstanding. I could see him crushing it here for several years. Where would he want to go from here, Penn State? He seems more of a northeastern guy than a southern guy.

Looks like we almost had Tiquan Underwood on staff:
I think he was offered the WR job here but elected to stay at Pitt with a new OC coming in.

Guessing they must have promised him he would keep his job and broke their word.

This is how HCs lose credibility and no one wants to work for them. Narduzzi is in real trouble. Just lost Partridge who was a huge part of their program. Did a great job coaching the DL.

I think he was offered the WR job here but elected to stay at Pitt with a new OC coming in.

Guessing they must have promised him he would keep his job and broke their word.

This is how HCs lose credibility and no one wants to work for them. Narduzzi is in real trouble. Just lost Partridge who was a huge part of their program. Did a great job coaching the DL.

This article says it was his decision. And you were right about the offer from Fran.

“The Pitt Panthers lost the one offensive assistant they had hoped to bring back in 2024 when news that wide receivers coach Tiquan Underwood would be leaving for an NFL job surfaced. …….
……….Underwood took a job with the New England Patriots last week. He had reportedly been approached earlier in the offseason about taking a job on new Syracuse head coach Fran Brown's staff, but turned it down.”

Last edited:
Looks like we almost had Tiquan Underwood on staff:
This article says it was his decision. And you were right about the offer from Fran.

“The Pitt Panthers lost the one offensive assistant they had hoped to bring back in 2024 when news that wide receivers coach Tiquan Underwood would be leaving for an NFL job surfaced. …….
……….Underwood took a job with the New England Patriots last week. He had reportedly been approached earlier in the offseason about taking a job on new Syracuse head coach Fran Brown's staff, but turned it down.”
Good luck to him at his new job. I think it was a good move to get out of Pitt. All their good coaches are abandoning ship, as they sense a new staff is coming shortly. Good chance all three ACC football programs in the NE will have a new or first year HC next season. So much for stability in these programs.

I wonder who Pitt will get? Maybe they get Candle?

Kind of wild how the chairs get aligned at the end though. Underwood turns down our WR job and we end up hiring Pats WR coach. Now Underwood goes to Pats as Assistant WR coach…. weird move if his choice as he seemed to be good recruiter and liked the college game but maybe it had grown old for him as well.

Sure with Pats staff changing good chance Ross Douglas would have been replaced as Pats WR coach anyways but weird how things turn out.

Kind of wild how the chairs get aligned at the end though. Underwood turns down our WR job and we end up hiring Pats WR coach. Now Underwood goes to Pats as Assistant WR coach…. weird move if his choice as he seemed to be good recruiter and liked the college game but maybe it had grown old for him as well.

Sure with Pats staff changing good chance Ross Douglas would have been replaced as Pats WR coach anyways but weird how things turn out.
Agree. Incidentally Ross was a GA at Rutgers in 2020, when Tiquan was their WR coach. Very likely Ross was under Tiquan while he was at Rutgers. Both played WR at Rutgers at different times. Tiquan is quite a bit older (37 versus 29).

I am sure they know each other and are friends. Probably had a laugh over how things worked out.

You giving a written guarantee of a job for three years? You offering top pay? Promotions? Bonuses? If not, why demand loyalty when it's not given back?

Only so many years to get ours, and younger generations don't have it as easy job-market or debt-wise as people who use "millennials" as a catch all term. (The youngest millennials are now late 20s.)
Good to see you back with the usual p/v!!

Thanks for reminding me why I don't post any more. I get nothing from this place.
debbie downer GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom