Fran Brown on ACCPM @ 5 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown on ACCPM @ 5

Fran is a very serious person. Pack couldn't get him to play.
He said that his coaches were good husbands and fathers when asked about them. Was extremely complimentary of his assistant coaches. Said he competes in everything.
Said we would practice like Georgia practices. Complimented Shitano and Smart. Said you can call great plays but need players.
I think we hit a home run .

Fran is a very serious person. Pack couldn't get him to play.
He said that his coaches were good husbands and fathers when asked about them. Was extremely complimentary of his assistant coaches. Said he competes in everything.
Said we would practice like Georgia practices. Complimented Shitano and Smart. Said you can call great plays but need players.
I think we hit a home run .
He did at the end, he said he would spot Dabo 40 on the basketball court
Overall yes he stuck to what his message was to the team and was all business.

He did at the end, he said he would spot Dabo 40 on the basketball court
Overall yes he stuck to what his message was to the team and was all business.
I like how he spoke about the competition between him and his good friend our new DC. Said he was the GOAT in recruiting. Also when he spoke about his coaches he said that all of them could recruit. He understands that without the players there is only so much that can be done.
Like what he said about Nixon and his Baylor days. No idea what our record is going to be, but I positive we will be disciplined with way fewer penalties, have solid clock management and are physical.

It always sort of catches me off guard. I expect head football coaches, especially guys who have a reputation as a top recruiter, to be buoyant and glib. But HCFB comes across as very serious. Not completely. He can make some jokes too… but even those are delivered in a serious way. Not saying it’s a good thing or a bad thing. Just surprising.

talking about staff basketball games, Mark Packer brings up Dabo with black eye. Coach Brown said “ I would drop 35 on Dabo.”
I caught the last few minutes of this. You gotta love this guy!

It always sort of catches me off guard. I expect head football coaches, especially guys who have a reputation as a top recruiter, to be buoyant and glib. But HCFB comes across as very serious. Not completely. He can make some jokes too… but even those are delivered in a serious way. Not saying it’s a good thing or a bad thing. Just surprising.

he says things with purpose and intent and doesn't beat around the bush... economical with his words.

Interesting he said the players still have to earn their numbers. Wax and Barron did that this week. They are happy with the changes in the weight room with the staff. Any idea what is different with the current staff?

For fans of The Wire, he gives off some Chris Partlow vibes. Serious guy...no nonsense in all aspects of life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom