Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

I think they do, until they get their next job. I assume Nunzio is staying so I expect him to coach his cannoli off.

That is true of Nunzo especially if he has heard if he will likely be retained.

He’s not wrong. But for hiring Fran, John Wildhack isn’t automatically wrong either.

That's what I meant that Syracuse put the recruiting thing out front that it isn't wrong.

Wildhack said a lot of things during his press conference recently, one of which was that Cuse was a developmental program. He then proceeded to make a decision that was recruiting motivated and did not add up to anything that he laid out in the press conference. Bold strategy lol, hope it pays off!

Fake out black and white GIF

Now it will be great for local football community and the university if Brown does not operate in the double-secret, hermetically sealed bubble that we have experienced in the recent past. Time to support and fill the Dome again.

So I was originally not excited about this hire after the Mullen fiasco. However, reading the thread about how this is such a crap shoot, how Fran interviewd for Temple after Diaz left, where temple hired a MAC HC with an amazing record only to have him coach poorly and ultimatley get himself fired a few years later...this is the definition of trying something new.

The guy has the NE connections, but went to Texas and GA to cut his teeth and learn how the B12, and SEC do things. I'm excited about the hire now. Lets go!

and the icing on the cake...this pisses off RU fans lol.

He’s not wrong. But for hiring Fran, John Wildhack isn’t automatically wrong either.

That's what I meant that Syracuse put the recruiting thing out front that it isn't w
And it isn't right either. It's subjective and it's a spin. The avg sload fan will buy because they don't know any better. I 1000% guarantee you he was the cheapest option.

I doubt he was the cheapest and we will never know either.

Brown's resume is very similar to BC's head coach Hafley. Both top recruiters, DB coaches, both had one year as a co-DC, from NJ, Northeast ties,... As Hafley has found out at BC, the hardest position to hire in college football is Offensive Coordinator. If the OC is good, they will be poached by another school as they can pay more. In today's college football, I think you need to hire an offensive minded coach as you can pay them. Saban has been an exception, but Alabama can pay top dollar for OCs and Saban can rehabilitate reputations.