Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

I was looking into Nixon a little today and think I’m ok with it. He actually was play calling OC at Baylor for 3 years with Rhule and think they were top 25 in offense last 2 years of it. Supposedly a system taken a lot from Chip Kelly (prob a little more pass heavy than Chip but I haven’t seen him at ucla). Baylor’s qb threw for 3000 yds and rushed for a bunch as well the last 2 years.

He coaches with Andy Reid in Philly, Chip Kelly in San Fran, Rhule at Temple/Baylor/Panthers, Daboll with Giants.

2021 he was listed as one of top 20 coaches to watch for as head coaches and that list had who’s who..Venables, Elko, Sark, etc
I’m good with all of that.

Also this: “Coach Campanile mentioned to me that he is gonna be on the staff,” Tremble said. “Because Coach Brown, he’s worked with Coach Campanile before at Rutgers, so I think they’re really good buddies. So he said he’s gonna stick around, but he doesn’t know what quiet he’s gonna do yet in the coaching staff, but he said he’ll probably be on the offensive side.”
Nice

Presumably this zoom call last night was only with the recruits he's keeping; and 3 kids publicly de-committed today. Don't know if that's the last of it but maybe safe to assume everyone knows at this point if their ship will be honored or not.
I’m guessing there are others as well that just haven’t come out publicly with their decommitments. I’m glad he’s having these conversations now so they can find another home.

so does this mean baylor style offense? He's been a playcaller and a run game coordinator too.

Very interested in this. Is the guy leaving the Giants now? Or do we have to wait until after the Football season?

Do you guys not understand that you don't burn bridges when you got an upgrade from the program you were with, especially if it is in the first tier of college programs?

You don't tell Nick Saban or Harbaugh or Dabo or Kirby Smart to go piss up a rope, "I'm outta here". When you coach on a team like that, you don't burn bridges. Those are going to be among the best jobs you ever have in your whole career, if you play for a team that made the college playoffs, or even won a championship.

It's only a couple more days, now. Just breathe. He'll be here soon enough.
FACTS

Nice
The only thing that confused me a little was why Rhule didn’t take Nixon from Panthers to Nebraska. I’m assuming that Rhule didn’t offer Nixon OC at Nebraska so he’d rather stay as rb coach in NFL as opposed to position coach in college but not sure. He couldn’t have been any worse than that OC that Nebraska had this year

Also this: “Coach Campanile mentioned to me that he is gonna be on the staff,” Tremble said. “Because Coach Brown, he’s worked with Coach Campanile before at Rutgers, so I think they’re really good buddies. So he said he’s gonna stick around, but he doesn’t know what quite he’s gonna do yet in the coaching staff, but he said he’ll probably be on the offensive side.”
Great news if true.

So the potential staff could be:
HC - Brown from NJ
DC - Robinson from NJ
OC - Nixon from PA

LB - Partridge from NJ
TE (?) - Campanile from NJ

That is quite a few coaches with Northeastern roots who are known to be very good or elite recruiters. If the strategy is to hit the Northeast hard for talent, could you assemble a better staff for that purpose? And that's just with HALF of the potential staff spots filled?

The only thing that confused me a little was why Rhule didn’t take Nixon from Panthers to Nebraska. I’m assuming that Rhule didn’t offer Nixon OC at Nebraska so he’d rather stay as rb coach in NFL as opposed to position coach in college but not sure. He couldn’t have been any worse than that OC that Nebraska had this year
or he didnt want to live in nebraska.

Great news if true.

HC - Brown from NJ
DC - Robinson from NJ
OC - Nixon from PA

LB - Partridge from NJ

That is quite a few coaches with Northeastern roots who are known to be very good or elite recruiters. If the strategy is to hit the Northeast hard for talent, could you assemble a better staff for that purpose? And that's just with HALF of the potential staff spots filled?
that would be a very purposeful strategy. and one i love.

also tremble said he's signing early, which is great.

also like this:

Though he declined to share names, Hammond said that some of the New Jersey players on Syracuse’s roster had told him they were considering entering the NCAA transfer portal this offseason.

“Once they saw Fran, they immediately said that they were no longer interested in going into the portal,” Hammond said.

Great news if true.

HC - Brown from NJ
DC - Robinson from NJ
OC - Nixon from PA

LB - Partridge from NJ

Not sure if we could pull Partridge on top of Robinson but if we did wow…we might have 3 of top 5-7 recruiters in country on our staff!

I could see Tiquan Underwood (formerly of Rutgers and now WR coach at Pitt) being in mix as well. He is good friends w Fran. Underwood is an excellent Florida recruiter and Miami was after him this past year for WR coach as candidate.

Not sure if we could pull Partridge on top of Robinson but if we did wow…we might have 3 of top 5-7 recruiters in country on our staff!

I could see Tiquan Underwood (formerly of Rutgers and now WR coach at Pitt) being in mix as well. He is good friends w Fran. Underwood is an excellent Florida recruiter and Miami was after him this past year for WR coach as candidate.
This would be excellent. We need a Florida guy badly.

Might be able to get Partridge now at a "lower than expected" salary for a person with his resume due to recent events. But I guess we'll see. Underwood would be a great addition bc we're going to always need to import some of that Florida speed and he was just in the NFL not too long ago.