"Franchise Fatigue" | Syracusefan.com

"Franchise Fatigue"

armory

All American
Especially with the release of Iron Man 3, this seems to be a growing phrase these days to describe the way Hollywood over-juices a franchise for all its worth.

Looking for more examples of 'franchise fatigue'.

One obvious one for me is Spiderman. Comic book heroes in general TBH.

Haven't seen anything beyond the 1st film, but I hear the "Fast and Furious" franchise is on movie # SIX !?!?

Also hear that - despite finally making a halfway decent popcorn movie with what was supposed to be the last film in a trilogy - they are trying to make another Transformers movie?

six and 7 already announced and fast tracked..

why do people love to watch 1hr tv shows 22 times a year but watching 1 1/2 hr movies every 2 years is fatiguing?

six and 7 already announced and fast tracked..

why do people love to watch 1hr tv shows 22 times a year but watching 1 1/2 hr movies every 2 years is fatiguing?

maybe because TV doesn't charge us $14 bucks to sit next to some weirdo who smells funny and talks to himself throughout the film, all while charging the equivalent of $45/gallon for a bottle of water?

that said, I go to the movies just about every week, sometimes more than once a week. Seeing "Mud" this weekend.

maybe because TV doesn't charge us $14 bucks to sit next to some weirdo who smells funny and talks to himself throughout the film, all while charging the equivalent of $45/gallon for a bottle of water?

that said, I go to the movies just about every week, sometimes more than once a week. Seeing "Mud" this weekend.

I haven't been to the actual movies in more than 5 years now at least. And I'm sure it was at least 5 before that.

Mission Impossible 5 with TC is coming up. Even though I complain about them, I always end up watching.

Great example of this is "24" ... by season 4 or 5 it became an unintentional self-parody.

I love going to the movies. They used to say sequals can't be as good as the originals 15-20 years ago. Not anymore though. I just don't like when I overhype a movie and it turns out only average.

Loved mission impossible 4. Hope the next hobbit is better then the first.