Freshman quarterbacks are coach killers | Syracusefan.com

Freshman quarterbacks are coach killers

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
As promising as Dungey may look, he hasn't come through in the big games. His arm isn't strong and he plays like he's still in high school, where he can beat defenses by himself.
Oh, if only Hunt had not been hurt!

Furthermore, Lester has turned him into a one-trick pony.

If Dungey doesn't come to Syracuse, we're 0-9 right now.

This is not on Dungey at all. He's not calling the plays.

Haha wow.
I think it's time to start talking about who the next coach will be Shafer being fired is a certainty now.

Dungey is a very athletic freshman. But he is a freshman and he is a part of the problem this year. Just too soon to expect him to win games.

OrangeAl said:
Dungey is a very athletic freshman. But he is a freshman and he is a part of the problem this year. Just too soon to expect him to win games.

He's not a problem, he was a plus player. That was until Lester revealed his incompetence.

Dungey has made mistakes but he is far from the problem. And now because of a jackass move, the freshman is injured. Let's hope he is ok for the next staff, they will need him. Leaving him in the game with the injuries he has sustained is beyond unforgivable and a fireable offense. Period.

If Dungey lives to be a wise senior he'll look back at this year with rolling eyes. He's been placed in the spotlight with a target on his back (or head).

I choose to read the OP as satire.

yeah, not sure if he was serious? Lord i hope not...
Sucks that Shafer left Dungey out there to get killed again. Now we get to see a walkon vs #1 Clemson

You're right 90% of the time. The other 10% is when the coach gets destroyed on defense week in and week out.

As promising as Dungey may look, he hasn't come through in the big games. His arm isn't strong and he plays like he's still in high school, where he can beat defenses by himself.
Oh, if only Hunt had not been hurt!

You do realize we have played two back up quarterbacks in a row that weren't expected to play until a couple days before the game. And both put at least 40 pt's on our defense. Your point is moot.

yeah, not sure if he was serious? Lord i hope not...
Sucks that Shafer left Dungey out there to get killed again. Now we get to see a walkon vs #1 Clemson
That's the point. Dungey was a pleasant surprise early in the season, but it's brutal to make him the focal point of this offense and get him beaten up. Hopefully it doesn't ruin him. Remember Tom Savage at Rutgers?

Dumb coaches are young quarterback killers.

Literally.

Wow, I was about to type virtually the same thing.

Is the original post real?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom