From ESPN Media: Ramping up # of Football Games on TV including showcasing SEC and ACC matches | Syracusefan.com

From ESPN Media: Ramping up # of Football Games on TV including showcasing SEC and ACC matches

arbitragegls

All Conference
in early Fall. What is significant is that ESPN is raising the # of games to 450 this coming season from 306 last year...and that was 190 more games than anyother network. Below are the early games with with ACC teams being shown including the Georgia/Clemson game on ABC primetime:

Date Time (ET) Game Network
Thu, Aug 29 6 p.m. North Carolina at South Carolina * ESPN
9:15 p.m. Ole Miss at Vanderbilt ESPN
Sat, Aug 31 5:30 p.m. Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game: Virginia Tech vs. Alabama (Atlanta) ESPN
8 p.m. Georgia at Clemson ABC
9 p.m. Cowboys Classic: TCU vs. LSU ESPN
Thu, Oct 24 7:30 p.m. Kentucky at Mississippi State ESPN

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...telecasts-involving-sec-acc-big-12-announced/

I feel like this is the leadup to a bump in our payout. ESPN is negotiating with both the ACC and the SEC. There isn't a better time for them to decide that they need more prime time content, especially given Fox's hyper aggressive stance.

Last I heard the $19.5 number was being thrown around. I would imagine that recent events could push it over $20.

If this keeps up, the XC team might get an indoor practice facility.

I wonder what will happen with the PSU game. It doesn't look like it'll be primetime, hopefully 3:30 at the latest.

I wonder what will happen with the PSU game. It doesn't look like it'll be primetime, hopefully 3:30 at the latest.
You're assuming that it'll be on one of the Mouse-Eared networks.
That may not be a given.

yea I gotta think this game will be at 3:30, anyone know when we will get game time?

its going to be on espn or abc my guess is 330 on abc. for tv is it an acc game or bigten game or seperate game like usc game last yr?

its going to be on espn or abc my guess is 330 on abc. for tv is it an acc game or bigten game or seperate game like usc game last yr?

If it is an ACC game could it be carried on CBS? In Carolina CBS always carries the ACC Network...especially if a Carolina school is playing.:( I'd rather the game be on ESPN or the BigTen network so my likelihood of seeing it increases.

If it is an ACC game could it be carried on CBS? In Carolina CBS always carries the ACC Network...especially if a Carolina school is playing.:( I'd rather the game be on ESPN or the BigTen network so my likelihood of seeing it increases.
Your local CBS affiliate may carry ACC Network games, but this won't be a CBS production. It'll either be on a Mouse Eared network, BTN or FOX/FX!/FOX Sports 1.

Your local CBS affiliate may carry ACC Network games, but this won't be a CBS production. It'll either be on a Mouse Eared network, BTN or FOX/FX!/FOX Sports 1.

This is an SU "home" game which falls under the ACC package. The big ten or fox don't have any more standing on this game than NBC would if Notre Dame played in the dome. It will only be ESPN or ABC.

This is an SU "home" game which falls under the ACC package. The big ten or fox don't have any more standing on this game than NBC would if Notre Dame played in the dome. It will only be ESPN or ABC.
This is *not* a Syracuse home game. This is a neutral site game. The "home" games of this 1-1-1 arrangement take place in 2020 (@PSU) and 2021 (@Syracuse).

I love how all these posts assume the ACC is in line for a bump in payouts. Those are huge assumptions with very little backing them up. Its one thing to say the ACC is deserving of a bump. Its another thing entirely to anticipate the bump in pay as a foregone certainty.

Hell, I think I deserve a bump in pay...but I'm not planning on it happening.

This is *not* a Syracuse home game. This is a neutral site game. The "home" games of this 1-1-1 arrangement take place in 2020 (@PSU) and 2021 (@Syracuse).

The point, you missed it.

Also Penn State-Syracuse will definitely end up on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC.

The point, you missed it.

Also Penn State-Syracuse will definitely end up on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC.
What are you basing this on?
It's not mentioned in the article and not listed as such by Matt Sarz.

I love how all these posts assume the ACC is in line for a bump in payouts. Those are huge assumptions with very little backing them up. Its one thing to say the ACC is deserving of a bump. Its another thing entirely to anticipate the bump in pay as a foregone certainty.

Hell, I think I deserve a bump in pay...but I'm not planning on it happening.
So you don't think that the compelled renegotiation of a contract that was the result of the addition of Notre Dame (partial) and Louisville (at the expense of UMD) would lead to an increase in pay?

You do know that if they can't reach an agreement, it will go to arbitration and the arbitrator will determine the fair market value of the programming and both parties will be bound to that decision, right?

Yes, determining FMV is not an exact science, and the payout might not be completely monetary*, but in this case, deserving of a bump is the same as getting a bump. The bigger issues are: 1. Are we deserving of a bump? And if so, how big of a bump? I think the answers to those are "yes," and "$2-3 million."

*For example, the conference got non-monetary value from ESPN when ESPN OK'd an 8 game conference schedule instead of a 9 game conference schedule. ESPN gets screwed, because that hurts the conference's TV value, but improves ticket sales of the conference's biggest teams. Specifically, they should see their sales increase, because the replacement of a conference game with an OOC game adds as much as an extra half home game for big-named teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jungleman46

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom