Johnny Petrishen‏@jP5_ERA 1h
Just received offer #26 from Syracuse University #ACC
1f536.png
1f537.png
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png
1f3c8.png

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1770053/johnny-petrishen

Offers include Yale, Brown, Penn, Cornell, UVA, Pitt, Syracuse.

http://pittsburgh.sportswar.com/article/2014/06/10/a-hometown-offer-for-petrishen/

"The Pitt coaches have been honest with Petrishen about his recruitment and he appreciates their honesty. He said, “I like that they’re honest with me about things. They told me they’re taking one safety and they want me to be that guy. They like my build and my smartness. They told me that I can be the head of the secondary. They also told me they were amazed at how hard I worked to build my body in the offseason and it was obvious seeing me in person opposed to my junior film.
All of Petrishen’s offseason hard work is paying off for him as the offers role in. He normally plays AAU basketball but took a year off to focus on getting bigger, faster and stronger. He stated, “I’ve worked my butt off to try and get better. I’ve put on 12-15 pounds and I go to speed training. I’m going all out for my senior season.”
After a crushing end to his junior season, Petrishen looks to come back better than ever. “The big focus I want to work on is tackling. I want to be able to make some big hits this season. My plan was to get bigger and stronger and I did that.”

"I want to take the time to evaluate every school that has offered me. I’m going to Pitt Thursday and also Virginia Thursday to get a view on both of them. I am open to every school right now and I don’t plan to shorten my list until I evaluate them all.”

"He has seen the campus many times before but he’s already going back to Pitt on Thursday to see a different side. “I’m going down with my family for an academic tour and then I’m staying for the Steelers OTA’s.”

Hope he checks out Shamarko.

http://pittsburgh.sportswar.com/article/2014/06/10/a-hometown-offer-for-petrishen/

"The Pitt coaches have been honest with Petrishen about his recruitment and he appreciates their honesty. He said, “I like that they’re honest with me about things. They told me they’re taking one safety and they want me to be that guy. They like my build and my smartness. They told me that I can be the head of the secondary. They also told me they were amazed at how hard I worked to build my body in the offseason and it was obvious seeing me in person opposed to my junior film.

It's funny to read the quotes after that statement. Clearly blowing smoke up his ass and he fell for it hook line and sinker.

Visitors to UVA this weekend...Pittsburgh safety Johnny Petrishen is on the list, he will be looking to get a better feel for the UVa program. Virginia is battling ACC rivals Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, and Syracuse along with several others for the 6-2, 200-pound Petrishen, and his commitment could wind up completing the recruiting board at his position for several of those programs.

Is Cuse even still considering him?

It's funny to read the quotes after that statement. Clearly blowing smoke up his ass and he fell for it hook line and sinker.
That's not my definition of being honest. It's inflating the ego of some 17-18 year old recruit. It's probably the same thing they told their other S recruit this year (Peter Knox), last year (Jalen Williams) and the 5 Safeties(!) they brought in the year before.

Petrishen has narrowed his list down to Pitt, Virginia and Wake Forest. Of course Pitt is favorite.