FSU Game way more important than 1st Round ACC Game | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game way more important than 1st Round ACC Game

Marsh01

Living Legend
First its a quality road win

Second it locks down a bid

Third its the only way to avoid 13 losses.

We win in Tallahassee and 12 losses is the worst we will do.

Bottom line is win Saturday and its over

Indeed it is way more important. I am only against those who say "must" win implying we are done otherwise. It's a better quality win, it relieves tension that would exist if we lost (for the players, who cares about us), and while the probability is high if we win either, there is more certainty for this. Win this game we are 95%+ (basically lock adjusted for committee error), win the other one instead we are closer to perhaps 75% (we are more susceptible to what happens around us).

This is the clear game to win. I realized yesterday how much time I was wasting debating the scenario we lost this game, and how we can still get in with one more win. I told myself to stop debating that scenario until this game was over. It was a defeatist attitude -- let's worry about that after this game result is known.

First its a quality road win

Second it locks down a bid

Third its the only way to avoid 13 losses.

We win in Tallahassee and 12 losses is the worst we will do.

Bottom line is win Saturday and its over
Totally agree.

The fact that we destroyed them in our first game makes me more nervous for Saturday. I know that isn't rational.

If their guards start playing defense the way they played in the last 5 min of the game in the Dome then we will be in a dogfight. Absolutely cannot have those push off offensive fouls and lazy passes.

The fact that we destroyed them in our first game makes me more nervous for Saturday. I know that isn't rational.
Oh its rational. But if both teams play their best game, we win. FSU has the talent to beat us if they play well and we play mediocre. If they play well and we play bad, they can destroy us to. My hope is that we play well, they play bad, we are up 18 with 10 minutes to go (just like at the Dome) and we cruise into the dance.

Sure it is. SU shot over 60% from the field, outrebounded them by a big margin and pretty much shut down their two star freshmen. None of that is likely to happen again.

FSU game is certainly more important. Losing in the first round of the conference tourney always bugs me though because it leaves a bad taste in our mouth before the big dance.

FSU game is certainly more important. Losing in the first round of the conference tourney always bugs me though because it leaves a bad taste in our mouth before the big dance.
As long as it's not a bad taste in "dey mouf"

As long as it's not a bad taste in "dey mouf"

There was this one time when I thought, "Damn! That ain't right. Let that thing breath on its own!"

I've invested way too much energy and concern into this last game... Talk me off the ledge but I think this will be a tough arse game. We need this game BaaaaaAaaaAaaaAad

Couldn't agree more Marsh, we need it badly, I hope they play with a sense of urgency like they did against Unc.

I've invested way too much energy and concern into this last game... Talk me off the ledge but I think this will be a tough arse game. We need this game BaaaaaAaaaAaaaAad

Me too, I have been anxious ever since the Unc game ended.

If some of you don't think a win on Saturday makes it a lock, look at the results of bubble related games tonight --- 4 of 5 games went in our favour.

I've said it from the start of the season, this team would be a bubble team and 10-8 is much better then 9-9 when it comes to selection Sunday

Lets face it Florida St. is a average team at best and with a week to prepare SU can't lose this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom